Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Two-year celebration! (Extreme delivery time!)
Hellfire

posted on 2/10/12 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
If I was the customer waiting for goods, I'd ask MK for the shipping company details so I could contact them myself to confirm they had been sent out. It's not difficult to find out where the source of the problem is.

Loggyboy, it might be obvious to you that they haven't been sent out but it certainly isn't obvious to me. The original shipment appears to have been sent out, as were the wheels that were ordered almost one year later, so why would they not have sent the other parts?

Could it be that the initial order wasn't clear, or the customer hasn't paid for certain items? I don't know the details of the order or what has/hasn't been sent out and what has been paid for etc. and I don't want to know either. I also don't think that MK should respond to this thread publicly. Whilst it's ok for the customer to complain on this forum, I believe MK should conduct their business in private with the customer in an attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Phil

Jonte

posted on 2/10/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeanStone
Why don't you take some leaflets to the next race event where MK will be racing and hand them out. Maybe take a few to kit car conventions where MK are trying to drum up some business. If they ask you to stop, don't stop until your goods are sent!
RSr lives in Sweden so it´s hard to just turn up at any event and talk to them.
And RSr is not alone here in sweden that misses deliveries from MK.

It´s sad to say that MK don´t give a f..k about overseas customer. They clearly don´t want any customers abroad.
And the word on swedish locost forum is not to buy from this company.

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 2/10/12 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Is it possible this stuff is going missing at Swedish customs. It happens here; I ordered some bike wheels last year from HongKong. Sender had information that they'd been delivered. Shipping firm showed them as in transit. Turned out they were at customs, waiting for me to pay import taxes but nobody there thought it worth telling me.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

RSr

posted on 2/10/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
If I was the customer waiting for goods, I'd ask MK for the shipping company details so I could contact them myself to confirm they had been sent out. It's not difficult to find out where the source of the problem is.

Loggyboy, it might be obvious to you that they haven't been sent out but it certainly isn't obvious to me. The original shipment appears to have been sent out, as were the wheels that were ordered almost one year later, so why would they not have sent the other parts?

Could it be that the initial order wasn't clear, or the customer hasn't paid for certain items? I don't know the details of the order or what has/hasn't been sent out and what has been paid for etc. and I don't want to know either. I also don't think that MK should respond to this thread publicly. Whilst it's ok for the customer to complain on this forum, I believe MK should conduct their business in private with the customer in an attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Phil

They dont need too answer this .. I'm happy if I get what I paid for.

Believe me, I've tried to talk to them on the phone and via email for two years before I started this thread. But nothing happens. MK has had many chances to avoid this thread.

//Rickard

Davegtst

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hellfire, it's obvious to me too that they haven't been sent. I had to put up with their ' it's been sent BS' aswell and I live in the uk! I was told the floor they forgot with the main delivery was 'in the post' numerous times but strangely never turned up, I only got it when I went to a show. I also had to drive for a few hours up to mk to pick up other parts that were ' in the post'. If you aren't local THEY DON'T CARE!
JoelP

posted on 2/10/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire

Phil

I cant agree there, the silence speaks volumes. MK should be able to reply to this thread with an explanation at the very least, because their reputation is being destroyed.

I hear swedens customs can legally sieze anything they think is 'not in the public interest' whether legal or not, but i cant see how that would apply to car parts.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

snakebelly

posted on 2/10/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Darren George hasn't bought MK has he?
Puts on tin hat and Kevlar jacket.....
:-)

Mr C

posted on 2/10/12 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Darren George hasn't bought MK has he?
Puts on tin hat and Kevlar jacket.....
:-)

Lol, interesting to see GTS under new management now though; interesting pricing strategy, sierra mushrooms £50 a pair, camber adjusters £25 a pair: all plus VAT of course

For comparison Rally Design £20 and £9.60 respectively (bought yesterday.)

Wonder what or who the "new management is"

Apologies for digressing.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

loggyboy

posted on 13/10/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
I note the advert for the latest MK website was fairly short lived. Just goes to show the 'no such thing as bad publicity' phrase isnt always true.

Mistral Motorsport

ceebmoj

posted on 16/10/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I note the advert for the latest MK website was fairly short lived. Just goes to show the 'no such thing as bad publicity' phrase isnt always true.

was wondering where that thread went

needforspeed

posted on 22/10/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
i bought some arches when they eventually arrived one was cracked and was promised a new one for weeks and weeks gave up hope in the end :-( not the best but 2 years is immense!
Ferrino

posted on 13/11/12 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for posting this thread and sorry for your awful luck. I was seriously considering a MK Indy BEC build here in the US but your experience and the total lack of response from MK is enough to tell me that this would be an absolute nightmare. As a Brit, I'd like to apologise on behalf of these compatriots of mine! It's a real pity because the US market is crying out for an affordable 7-based kit. Good luck completing your project.
franky

posted on 13/11/12 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RSr
Now I think it starts to be a bit much off topic. This thread should be about my shipping from MK nothing else. Because I've called and mailed for over two years to get my delivery and still have not received it, I see no alternative but to write in various forums online. I have still been nice and given them many opportunities to send the parts. To ignore the parts that I have not received felt like a bad solution, it is like saying that it's okay to send only 90% of the order, and I think this gives the wrong signal to the company. To go there in person also works poorly as I live in northern Sweden. Far away! However, a kind person offered to talk with them so we'll see if it get solved. // Rickard Svedberg

Failing that you can use the UK's small claims court procedure. This generally puts a rocket behind the process as they can be damaging to a company. It doesn't cost much and can be done online.

RSr

posted on 14/11/12 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
quote:
Originally posted by RSr
Now I think it starts to be a bit much off topic. This thread should be about my shipping from MK nothing else. Because I've called and mailed for over two years to get my delivery and still have not received it, I see no alternative but to write in various forums online. I have still been nice and given them many opportunities to send the parts. To ignore the parts that I have not received felt like a bad solution, it is like saying that it's okay to send only 90% of the order, and I think this gives the wrong signal to the company. To go there in person also works poorly as I live in northern Sweden. Far away! However, a kind person offered to talk with them so we'll see if it get solved. // Rickard Svedberg

Failing that you can use the UK's small claims court procedure. This generally puts a rocket behind the process as they can be damaging to a company. It doesn't cost much and can be done online.

Well I also think it's a shame, really like Indy R but I'm not so impressed by the customer care.
We are three here in Sweden who have not received our deliveries.
You have to have a lot of customers in the home market if you can afford to lose a lot of them abroad..

Maybe I'll put up a thread on www.locostusa.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2 as well.

Not Anumber

posted on 15/11/12 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Dale. You have defended MK and there’s certainly nothing wrong with leaping to the defence of people who have given you good service. It's right to speak as you find and to develop views based on your own good or bad experiences.

However you do need to appreciate that some people have clearly had a different experiences of a supplier. These seem to vary from the mildly irritating such as lack of adequate communication right up to the experiences of the OP who has waiting > 2 years for parts he has paid for.

This doesn’t at all detract from the quality of the product nor should the naysayers be permitted to drown out the apparently hundreds of satisfied customers. There just needs to be balance and people need to be free to share their experiences good or bad.

The following questions are not intended to be inflammatory in any sense and just require a Yes or No answer from you.

Do you believe it is acceptable for someone to have to wait > 2 years for parts they have paid for ?

Do you believe it is acceptable for a supplier to provide a significantly less acceptable service to those who live outside the UK when they are less able to visit in person and less familiar with the UK legal system ?

Do you believe it is acceptable for the Supplier to fail to respond to this thread and to offer a solution when the Supplier often posts elsewhere on this Forum ?

Do you believe it is in the interest of the Supplier for one of their stalwart supporters (yourself) to attempt to silence any criticism with aggression ?

noc231073

posted on 15/11/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Supplier

I am another overseas Mk owner who have been treated the same way by Mk and I also know of another Irish owner who was also ripped off by them
I ordered a kit and was left short of a lot of parts including a hayabusa engine .. Phone call after phone call ,, empty promises of shipping .. I eventually booked a ferry and Landed on their doorstep to get my parts at a cost of over £400 to me . A cost I could have spent on the car. Terrible customer services and to be honest the build quality of their cars are pretty poor also

Regards
Another unhappy Mk customer...

Ferrino

posted on 15/11/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
It sounds like MK needs an intervention from BBC's Watchdog.
snakebelly

posted on 15/11/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wasn't mk owned by 2 brothers then split off into 2 desperate business's? If so I'm guessing Martin was the one with the business head :-(
Brett Jones

posted on 15/11/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've noticed that Danny from MK hasn't bothered to comment once on this thread even though the last time he was online was this morning.

I'm so glad I didn't buy a MK Indy

austin man

posted on 15/11/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Wasn't mk owned by 2 brothers then split off into 2 desperate business's? If so I'm guessing Martin was the one with the business head :-(

Mk was owned and run by Martin who later sold it on where it became Mk Sportscars. Martin Keenan runs MK engineering now which is a seperate entity and nothing to do with MK Sportscars

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Bizarro

posted on 16/11/12 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
I am another overseas Mk owner who have been treated the same way by Mk and I also know of another Irish owner who was also ripped off by them
I ordered a kit and was left short of a lot of parts including a hayabusa engine .. Phone call after phone call ,, empty promises of shipping .. I eventually booked a ferry and Landed on their doorstep to get my parts at a cost of over £400 to me . A cost I could have spent on the car. Terrible customer services and to be honest the build quality of their cars are pretty poor also

Regards
Another unhappy Mk customer...

If its of any consolation, MKs legendary customer service is not solely for overseas customers, they treat there UK customers with the same apathy.
After countless promises that parts have been posted but never arrive, I too have ended up driving to there workshop to collect in person.

INDY BIRD

posted on 16/11/12 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Remember forums are for discussions. Not for businesses to discuss there business with there client. That's for them to resolve direct with the customer not just to keep u happy on the forum if it was my business I wouldn't feel the need to discuss this on a oPen forum but with the customer only. We always here about bad things bit when it's a good thing it's not recognised and boy do people love to jump on the band wagon when it's not great service and are all the facts on the table, I would deal direct with them he forum won't solve this problem for you good luck resolving it.
RSr

posted on 16/11/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by INDY BIRD
Remember forums are for discussions. Not for businesses to discuss there business with there client. That's for them to resolve direct with the customer not just to keep u happy on the forum if it was my business I wouldn't feel the need to discuss this on a oPen forum but with the customer only. We always here about bad things bit when it's a good thing it's not recognised and boy do people love to jump on the band wagon when it's not great service and are all the facts on the table, I would deal direct with them he forum won't solve this problem for you good luck resolving it.

What makes you think I have not tried to resolve it with them directly .. Have e-mailed and phoned for over two years now. They've had quite a few chances to resolve this without getting an own thread about their long delivery times

//Rickard Svedberg

kevmcdo

posted on 16/11/12 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
No matter how often you post on this forum about the poor service you have had from MK I think you must surely realise by now you are flogging a dead horse if you are waiting on a public response from them.
I also can not believe the time and effort you have put in over the past months doing so when surely the sensible thing to do would be to spend the time researching a legal avenue to bring MK to task, No company reputable or not are going to come onto forums and deal with a complaint like this due to the manner that your campaign against them has gone so far.
I do hope you get your parts and get to enjoy your kit but I fear this thread could go on forever with no satisfactory end for you.

Jonte

posted on 16/11/12 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevmcdo

I also can not believe the time and effort you have put in over the past months doing so when surely the sensible thing to do would be to spend the time researching a legal avenue to bring MK to task,

Is that possible for a non UK residens to have any chance in a legal procedure?

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.