Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine Couriers
cd.thomson

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Engine Couriers

I finally grew some grapes and bought an engine. The only problem is that its in devon and I am not. Does anyone know of couriers who will shift it up to the midlands for me?

Also, take a glance at the topic "help with M.E." I can't help, but you might be able to

yorkshire-engines

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i use TNT there very good and usually charge me around £40 anywhere uk but its more expensive if its coming from some one to you (carrage forward they call it) dont know why
is it a bike engine or car as a car would cost more due to the weight you could use my account if needed and just re emburse me the costs

cheers s malc

[Edited on 5/1/09 by yorkshire-engines]

blakep82

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
oooh what did you get?

can't help with couriers, but i take it you've not seen the engine yet? personally (although more expensive) i'd get a van and collect myself. depends where it is, but you get to see it, and if its crap, you can always leave it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
this is the thing, I always collect everying whether its essex or leeds, but this one is a 7 hour round trip..

You know I'll end up trundling down there on saturday with the hilux!

After wadding through mountains of pros/cons I decided on the c20xe RedTop. Seems to me to be the most modern engine which has internals that dont need to be swapped as soon as you want to raise the bhp.

Standards are good up to 250hp

blakep82

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
good lad
reckon you made a good choice on the red top. i went with the ecotec myself (same block, different head) because i couldn't stretch to a c20xe.
mate had a red top in his corsa. you won't be diappointed his certainly flew!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

whitestu

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
From my experience of engine couriers, pick one with a good reputation as my Zetec turned up with the inlet manifold broken off.

Stu

cd.thomson

posted on 5/1/09 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
From my experience of engine couriers, pick one with a good reputation as my Zetec turned up with the inlet manifold broken off.

Stu

This is why i started this thread Stu, like a good boy I searched for old threads before i posted a stupid question. Your situation scared me into asking for reputable guys!

Jon Ison

posted on 5/1/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I'm off down to Cornwall next week for a couple of days, if its not to far off the beaten track happy to pick it up for you, I guess you have paid for it ?

Will be M5 A30, any good ?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.