Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: do honda employ monkeys
adam1985

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
do honda employ monkeys

took my tin top in for some warrenty work because there was a funny humming noise when you hold it on the bite, so they have swapped the clutch and flywheel fair enough.
checked the car over before i even get the keys notice a small dent and scratch on the drivers door that wasnt there before told the girl on the desk but she said all the service people have gone home its after 12 so call round on monday to get them look . Get the keys and get in notice the mechanic has put a oily box of locking wheel nuts on the passanger seat which has now left a stain and a little pluck spoke to honda uk who have just said wait till monday. im really pissed of at the min you take a £20000+ type r to the honda garage who charge god knows what normally to fix anything then get your car back recked

prawnabie

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Calm down mate everyone makes mistakes. Im sure they will sort it out monday for you.
greggors84

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
From my experience (most) main dealer mechanics are useless and clueless. You do come across a few who do care about the job they do and are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I took my car in to have the immobiliser reprogrammed after having a set of keys stolen. When i picked it up they gave me a list of things that needed fixing. Mainly a load of suspension bushes. It had passed the MOT a week before without a comment on any of them.

How do they discover the suspension bushes are gone by re programming the immobiliser?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

adam1985

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
Calm down mate everyone makes mistakes. Im sure they will sort it out monday for you.

everyone does make mistakes but these are common sense things

JoelP

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
would agree there; there's simple steps you take in a garage to avoid dents and stains, it just takes a little care. Sounds like you did indeed get the monkey in!
Paradoxia0

posted on 31/1/09 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
In their defense, the Honda mechanics at my local dealership (Boston) are absolutely spot on. Very helpful, know exactly what they are doing and I get the car back immaculate every time.

But that is no help or consolation for the grief they have caused you. I am sure they will put it right.

There is no replacement for displacement...

CraigJ

posted on 31/1/09 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
When my fiancee's Yaris went in for service and a 2 recalls every time we picked it up they kept telling us it had an oil leak that needed sorting, I Checked car over and found nothing, not even a drop any where. The engine and box was clean. Just a set of scamming twats.

Once sat in waiting area one day and every person that collected a car was told they either had an oil leak or needed new brakes.

Mark G

posted on 31/1/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to wee on your fire but I've worked in Prestige car main dealers for the last 5 years as a technician and I get fed up with people moaning that we're just f*****g monkeys. It takes alot of training to know what to do on these cars.

You come in with massive problems, when we fix them you say nothing but as soon as there's a little squeak from your new brakes or a smear of oil on a window all of a sudden we're nothing but monkeys.

Your safety and lives litterally owe themselves to our technical knowledge and ability to do our jobs properly. Just because we don't push a pen around for a living or use a calculator on a daily basis doesn't mean that we are any less qualified or clever than anyone else.

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience before but a small scratch or dent isn't the end of the world. When you brakes fail, engine blows up or wheel falls off then I'd give you reason to moan, but untill that point I'd try not to get so wound up over a nick in your seat and a spot of grease. Its all repairble. I'm sure when you go back to Honda the same chap who fitted your clutch and flywheel will probably retrim your seat too. Its not the easiest job in the world you know.

[Edited on 31/1/09 by Mark G]

peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 31/1/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
I assume your talking about Holdcroft Honda. I am sure that they will sort it on Monday for you. Unfortunately if there were no aftersales staff there when you collected your car then the sales department are not going to be able to sort anything out as it would be the service manager that would be dealing with it.
I guess that both you and the service department checked the car before it went into the workshop?
All in all Holdcroft are a good dealership and their dealer principle is a good bloke, i think unfortunately someone has been a little careless but i'm sure they'll sort it for you.

adam1985

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark G
Sorry to wee on your fire but I've worked in Prestige car main dealers for the last 5 years as a technician and I get fed up with people moaning that we're just f*****g monkeys. It takes alot of training to know what to do on these cars.

You come in with massive problems, when we fix them you say nothing but as soon as there's a little squeak from your new brakes or a smear of oil on a window all of a sudden we're nothing but monkeys.

Your safety and lives litterally owe themselves to our technical knowledge and ability to do our jobs properly. Just because we don't push a pen around for a living or use a calculator on a daily basis doesn't mean that we are any less qualified or clever than anyone else.

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience before but a small scratch or dent isn't the end of the world. When you brakes fail, engine blows up or wheel falls off then I'd give you reason to moan, but untill that point I'd try not to get so wound up over a nick in your seat and a spot of grease. Its all repairble. I'm sure when you go back to Honda the same chap who fitted your clutch and flywheel will probably retrim your seat too. Its not the easiest job in the world you know.

I have worked in main dealer garages before and the ones ihave worked have all been fine but when my car comes back in the state it has im going to be annoyed aint i i cant believe somebody has put a set of oily wheel nuts on my seat and plucked it and you a mechanic think thats fine its just a nick but at least it stops at the bottom of the hill what a joke and yeah they will proberbly fix it but that means more messing about with crappy courtesy cars time and a fix is never as good as the original

grazzledazzle

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark G

I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience before but a small scratch or dent isn't the end of the world. I'd try not to get so wound up over a nick in your seat and a spot of grease. .

I disagree i'm, afraid. It's completely unacceptable. I wouldn't dream of putting greasy wheel nuts on my car seat never mind anyone else's. It is common sense as stated. If you scratch or dent a car you know you've done it. I've been here before with dealers and it should not happen. If it does it should be fixed before the customer collects the car rather than hoped it won't be noticed.
I wouldn't treat any of my clients in such a manner and wouldn't employ anyone who did - i wouldn't have a business for very long if i did.

I'm sorry it's not on.

mistergrumpy

posted on 31/1/09 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have to agree with Grazzledazzle, this seems unacceptable. I won't take my car to the main dealer (Vauxhall) because of past experiences. They've always left oily smears on the wing, doesn't take much to cover it and I'm sick of having old bits left rattling under the bonnet, it could cause real problems. I've had two sockets left there on two separate occasions, old bolts and a battery clamp (not even off my car!)

quote:

It takes alot of training to know what to do on these cars

You're right but it's no different than most other jobs in that respect. I've worked on different aircraft and different weapons systems in the RAF and now I work with law in which I face infinite number of different situations. I have to say, I'd have thought one of the very first lessons you would/should have been taught was to not leave oily crap laying around and not to damage the vehicle. We called that kind of thing FOD (foreign object damage) in the forces.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.