Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA inspection
Slater

posted on 25/3/09 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA inspection

Just had my DVLA inspection.

First thing, I had given them all my reciepts, including the main one for the kit. But they need a reciept on headed note paper stating the chassis and body work were supplied new. That's no problem, MAC#1 will write one up and e-mail it to me, I will then post it to local DVLA office.

Second thing, he was unsure that my MAC#1 supplied chassis number would be acceptable, he will check, if it's not OK, I will have to hard stamp the chassis with a new number supplied by them. My existing number is on a riveted plate so it's no big deal either way.

Everything else was OK, so should be on the road in a week or two.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

DarrenW

posted on 25/3/09 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 reciept - as you say - is easy.

Alarm bells ringing over changing chassis number. Isnt the current number on your MAC? Lets hope the red tape doesnt get twisted again - ie if your car is embelished with a new chassis number, then presumably your MAC doesnt relate to the car any more. Unless of course DVLA accept it any way and mark up there system accordingly.

DVLA wouldnt accept a rivetted on plate when i had my build up inspection done before SVA. I stamped a plate that then had to be welded on.

Good luck.

antonyg

posted on 25/3/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
i had the same issue with leeds dvla not accepting my chassis number, they said either the chassis manufacturer or dvla had to isuue one
the guy at leeds also said vosa may need me to resubmit the car for sva with a new chassis number
what i ended up doing was asking them to check their database to see if the number i submitted was in use and if not there should be no problems using it o long as it comformed to the correct standard, after about a week of phone calls he agreed to it and i got to keep my number.
keep on at them i'm sure you will be able to keep the number you have

Thanks Antony

BenB

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yup. Keep on at them. Unless it's in use, there's not much they can do about it!!! They'll BS you about re-submitting for SVA but I'd ignore it....
Slater

posted on 26/3/09 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
I chased up the DVLA guy, turns out I can keep my chassis number, but need to get stamped into the chassis, mine is a riveted plate.

So I just need the reciept from MAC#1........and my cycle wing brackets.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.