Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what engine?
omega0684

posted on 28/4/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
what engine?

was used by Ford in a 1.3 N reg Fiesta?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Miks15

posted on 28/4/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
kent i believe
owelly

posted on 28/4/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not Valencia?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 28/4/09 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Kent/Endura I think. 1.3 definitely OHV
Miks15

posted on 28/4/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
according to wiki, if its a Mk3 Fiesta then a kent/HCS if its a mk4 then kent/endura-E

(Mk3 was until 1997 and Mk4 started 1995 according to wiki)

novacaine

posted on 28/4/09 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Not Valencia?

Valencia was the name for the kent engine in fwd layout (different thermostat housing iirc among other little things)

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Liam

posted on 28/4/09 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Probably an Endura-E like my brother's old 1.3 scort of the same year (what a pile of shite).

It's basically a prehistoric museum-piece kent engine with a 'modern' dizzyless electronic ignition slapped on so that Ford could pretend they developed a new engine for the scrote/festa. Sounded like my late grandad's early vauxhall chevette.

Lord, why did I spend a whole day of my life replacing one for another after the former threw a rod out, and not just let my bro scrap the thing?...

Coose

posted on 28/4/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Sounded like my late grandad's early vauxhall chevette.

I remember when cars sounded different - what made a Chevette whine? Why did a Talpot Alpine rattle like a half-full tin of ball bearings and still keep going? Bahhhh, them were the days.....

[Edited on 28/4/09 by Heineken]

[Edited on 28/4/09 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

MikeRJ

posted on 28/4/09 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by novacaine
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Not Valencia?

Valencia was the name for the kent engine in fwd layout (different thermostat housing iirc among other little things)

The Valencia/HCS/Endura-E look a bit like an original Kent engine from the outside but hardly anything is interchangeable.

They do have one thing in common however, a tumble drier full of pebbles would sound positively musical next to any of them

The Mk1 Fiesta had a proper FWD Kent engine, the block and crank were a little shorter than the RWD engine but pretty much everything else was interchangeable.

[Edited on 28/4/09 by MikeRJ]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.