Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Project Wetbike
pajsh

posted on 28/2/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Project Wetbike

Over the winter my brother and I have been restoring a Suzuki Tomcat Wetbike which we dropped the engine in last week and ran up in the canal to test it before taking it out on open water.

Probably most well know from the James Bond Movie Octopussy they died off in favour of the much easier to ride (and far less interesting) Seedoo type of PWC, but still have a loyal following in the States.

Full sea trials to follow but should be fun.

Check out Wetbike on Youtube.

Anyone on here ever had one??

Tomcat 1
Tomcat 1

Tomcat 2
Tomcat 2

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

Andybarbet

posted on 28/2/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
That looks fantastic

What sort of speed do they do ?? im thinking very quick to allow it to rise up on those ski's, my brother inlaw has a very powerful jetski, im going to have to show him this.

zilspeed

posted on 28/2/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pajsh
Over the winter my brother and I have been restoring a Suzuki Tomcat Wetbike which we dropped the engine in last week and ran up in the canal to test it before taking it out on open water.

Probably most well know from the James Bond Movie Octopussy they died off in favour of the much easier to ride (and far less interesting) Seedoo type of PWC, but still have a loyal following in the States.

As if by magic...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=105540

I hope you bought this one off him, because if you didn't, I can hear the sound of faint deflating

Sorry Scott

Dangle_kt

posted on 28/2/10 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
ace!

The police academy submarine "BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP" is mandetory I assume?

pajsh

posted on 28/2/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
quote:
Originally posted by pajsh

As if by magic...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=105540

I hope you bought this one off him, because if you didn't, I can hear the sound of faint deflating

Sorry Scott

It actually belongs to my brothers mate who has had it since new but it's been sat in his garage for 15 years. He left it full of 2 stroke and it ate the metal float gauge and ended up as some horrendous treacle. We had to take the engine out, clean the carbs and fit a new (2nd hand from the states) tank.

Engine is a Suzuki 800cc twin two stroke producing about 60 bhp. Supposed to plane around 20 mph but can do up to 40mph.

His mate used to race them......mad!!

Was licensed in 1990 on Windermere before the ban and probably a victim of the nanny state and we are not too sure where we can run it.

There are more around than you think but few people using them.

[Edited on 28/2/10 by pajsh]

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.