posted on 15/6/11 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
FOR SALE- VERY LOW COST TIGER R6

For Sale
Make: Tiger
Model: R6
Engine Size: 2000 cc
Price: £9,000

Description
This great factory built R6 has had no expense spared to ensure that it is fast, safe and fun. Perfect race car with roll cage and over 200 bhp in a car weighing just over 500 kg

It started life as a road car before Tiger racing converted and hired it, and we bought it from Tiger Racing 4 years ago. We have had two seasons in the Tiger Racing series with 2nd place in the championship on both years. The car is a very high spec car with a professionally prepared Ford (200 + bhp) 2litre blacktop engine, Quaiffe LSD, Quaiffe close ratio straight cut gear box, One- off exhaust and manifold for improved flow, aluminium PROTECH shocks, Porsche big disc brake upgrade (6 pot) on the front, Hi Spec brake upgrade (4 pot) on the rear, Brake adjuster, full MSA roll cage and plumbed extinguisher and many other high quality improvements.
This car comes ready to take to a fun track day or straight to a race meeting. Or, as the car has been made to a race car from its original road car spec you could always spend a few days making her road legal before re-registering and using on the road. The car can be raced in many types of championships easily and even the enthusiast with minimal racing knowledge will not have trouble keeping this car competitive whilst also having alot of fun. The car also comes with some spares including extra race wheels and r888 tyres.
The R6 is a race pedigree car designed for great fun with predictable handling. Please call for any more information. There are more photos available upon request.
The car has not been used for 2 years and it is now time to sell as another toy awaits - so grab a bargain now at only £9000.
There is also a large purpose-built enclosed trailer if you are looking for one, at only £6500 – another bargain!

Contact Name Ryan Slaney
County West Midlands
Preferred Phone 07961871114

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ryanslaney

posted on 15/6/11 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
For pics please follow link;

http://www.motorsportads.com/race-cars/single-seaters/20370.html [/url]

Humbug

posted on 15/6/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe I am being dense, but why does it need to be "re-registered"? I thought nowadays once a car was registered and had a V5C it had to be taxed and insured, or SORNd, until it was scrapped? Or did you just mean put back road legal lights, etc.?
NigeEss

posted on 15/6/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, echo what ^^^ Humbug says ?????

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

steve m

posted on 15/6/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
9 grand for a car that needs re reg, and not been used for two years, is imho a very high price

steve

Steve Hignett

posted on 15/6/11 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
9 grand for a car that needs re reg, and not been used for two years, is imho a very high price

steve

It's not - it's a very low price. The person selling it, says so in the title and the description, so it must be...

DRC INDY 7

posted on 15/6/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thats way over priced

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

ryanslaney

posted on 21/6/11 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks your help guys...............

The reason that I have mentioned making the car road legal is as we purchased it as a race car. Therefore, should someone choose to buy the car and then take it onto the road they would need to ensure that the car met all legal requirements before completing the tests.

With regards to price. It is my fathers car and he purchased it minus;

Brake conversion
Quaife LSD
Widened front suspension (race legal)
Recently updated de-dion
12 x light weight racing alloys all wit r88's
Lightweight seat
Aluminium radiator

and many, many more upgrades direct from Tiger Racing for £12'000.

The car has not been raced for 2 years however we regularly start the engine and ensure that everything is running well on a small private car park by his office.

Regards!

tomgregory2000

posted on 21/6/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
So it needs a full IVA then?
beaver34

posted on 21/6/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
i think its cheap for what it is, you coudnt get much better if you were looking to start racing its a fair spec!
tommy turtle

posted on 21/6/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
What is wrong with some of you people on here! This chap is trying to sell his car and you lot just take the p**s when you haven't even seen the car. I currently have a Tiger that I race and I can assure you that it is reasonably priced for the spec that it is. If your not interested in the car then be helpful and mind your own business eh! I thought this forum was designed to help people building their cars and also help people who want to sell/buy cars and parts.

Tommy

daniel mason

posted on 21/6/11 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
its slowly turning the other way now tommy

D Beddows

posted on 21/6/11 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
tbh if the title said 'Race Ready Tiger R6 For Sale' it would have caused a lot less grief £9K is not very low cost to many people at the moment but I know that it costs easily about £7-8K to build a decent 750MC Locost (which is a much lower spec than this and they only ever sell for around £5k btw) so yes, it does seem to be a bargain - just not 'very low cost'! (and yes I realise it was probably a play on words )

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.