Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another e-bay rant
AndyW

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Another e-bay rant

Sold some stuff recently, all purchases went well. I got paid, shipped the things. All good. Except one. For some reason, one sale has not had feedback. Absolutley no communication from buyer, I know it was received as have proof of delivery. it was exactly as described, but the buyer does not seem to leave feed back. WHY??? ITS NOT DIFFICULT

I just dont see the point it not leaving it.

Danozeman

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Some people dont bother. Youl probably get some in amonth or so when they remember.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

BigFaceDave

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've just sold something for 99p with £18 p+p in the description delivery to uk mainland only and guess what? Buyer is in Ireland! And has paid a grand total of £3.99! How does that work?! When I buy anything it never gives me a option to pay less! Even better than that I've only got half a address to deliver it too! Why is it ebay is full of complete tw@ts!
Jon Ison

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Feedback is voluntary on average 2/3rds of buyers leave feedback, eBay will atomaticly send them a reminder at some point, they will think it's you nagging them and this occasionally results in them been angry and leaving a neutral or worse, I never bug people to leave feedback for this very reason.
SeaBass

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
lol. You've obviously not sold very much on eBay!! Welcome to the madhouse.
Humbug

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've had people not give feedback from time to time. After a week or so I send a message politely asking if they could do so - no issues so far, they just seemed to need a reminder
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
There are reasons for not leaving feedback.

I have bought loads of bits for my race car that have been sent to my family home where my race car is being built, I have been working away for weeks and so haven't checked or seen any of the deliveries.

How would you expect that I leave feedback?

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MikeRJ

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
I just dont see the point it not leaving it.

Look at it from the buyers perspective, what does it gain them if they leave feedback? Doesn't seem like a logical rant to me.

That said I always leave feedback when I remember, though sometimes it's been a week or two after the sale.

PSpirine

posted on 24/7/11 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hands up, I'm absolutely AWFUL at remembering to leave feedback - I always seem to have something better to do!

I always do leave it in the end, but it can take a couple of months for me to get round to it. I'll be sure to keep your fussiness about it in mind if I ever buy anything from you

ravingfool

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Feedback, smeedback.

Do you really think this is going to adversely affect your future sales?

I'm a man. I don't do surveys. I don't leave feedback.

Q: How was that for you darling? A: What's for tea?

(I've been drinking, please take comments with the pinch of salt they require)

Brook_lands

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Fewer and fewer buyers are leaving feed back these days and to be honest it is become more and more debased. If I buy and item and it is delivered in reasonable time and is expected that to me is as it should be. However anything other than 5 stars and a gushing positive feedback is taken as critical. Yesterday I went to Tesco, the 2 litres of milk was as described and I was charged the expected price. The lady on the checkout communicated well with a "good morning, that is £3 please, thank you". For some strange reason I didn't feel the need to offer gushing feedback about how great the transaction was etc etc, in the real world it was a neutral experience, nothing to complain about, but nothing out or the ordinary either. Why should ebay be any different?
ReMan

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
You sold the item an actually got paid without being fooked about

That's as good as you should expect anything more's a bonus

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Ninehigh

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Often my positive feedback is something like "Turned up in good time, as described"

Meaning "Sent me what I paid for and didn't take ages to send it"

I suppose if there's an odd request like "Can you hang on to it for a week, I'm moving house" then I'd mention that they were good with it

blakep82

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
I've just sold something for 99p with £18 p+p in the description delivery to uk mainland only and guess what? Buyer is in Ireland! And has paid a grand total of £3.99! How does that work?! When I buy anything it never gives me a option to pay less! Even better than that I've only got half a address to deliver it too! Why is it ebay is full of complete tw@ts!

Chances are u have got the whole address. don't have post codes, or in most cases house numbers, name, road and town is usually it. Postman knows where everyone lives in his area!

Anyway, I've received stuff on eBay, usually turns up when I'm out for the weekend, I go away, the odd occasion I forget til the next time I buy something, it happens, bot worth getting worked up about really

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

indykid

posted on 24/7/11 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
I must admit, I see feedback as much of a muchness, though I tend to use ebay to buy stuff from traders that turnover hundreds of items a week.

If I receive exemplary service or someone has gone out of their way for me, I'd make sure I left feedback. Likewise, if anything went badly, I'd leave negative, but if it's just as expected, I find it hard to write anything meaningful, so often don't.

As a seller, I think you should be happy if people leave feedback at all.

Peteff

posted on 24/7/11 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote
When I receive something and check it works I leave feedback, it's not hard to do and doesn't cost me anything and I think not doing it is a bit ignorant. I've only sold a couple of times but I've bought plenty and only a couple of times have not received feedback but I wouldn't chase anybody for it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Barlidge

posted on 24/7/11 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
I check sellers feedback when buying, I dont read the positives but do check on the negatives to weed out if its a pandantic buyer thats left one random feedback or if its repeated feedback of non description, slow dispatch etc. I have chosen not to use sellers based on that feedback.

If looking for feedback from a sale, a polite email asking them to confirm that they have recieved the item safely can jog them on sometimes (even thought you know they have).

I tend to ignore people who directly ask for feedback, like others have posted I let it build up them clear a load of them at a time.

UncleFista

posted on 25/7/11 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I've been hassled daily by someone wanting me to leave feedback.
I sometimes don't leave feedback for weeks/months, I like to use the item I've bought for a while before leaving feedback.

The seller was emailing me daily demanding that I leave them feedback, even after explaining.

Eventually I left bad feedback with the line "here's the feedback you've been badgering me for"

Tony (2947, 100% feedback )

[Edited on 25/7/11 by UncleFista]

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

skydivepaul

posted on 25/7/11 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
just adding to the RANT on another ebay sore point - final value fees!!

havent sold anything for probably 6 months or so on ebay but last week we decided to have a bit of a clear out and get the stuff on ebay. Was a free listing weekend - GREAT

so i list all my stuff and most of it sells - fantastic
quite a bit of it is listed for my dad as he doesnt have an ebay account.

total sales - £800.00 woo hoo!!

just checked my ebay account and they have deducted just over £100 in final value fees

plus those who paid me by pay pal now take another 3.5% off

when did ebay start charging final value fees for everything, i thought it was just vehicles they charged for

wont be using them again, will try another site in future

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

UncleFista

posted on 25/7/11 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul

when did ebay start charging final value fees for everything, i thought it was just vehicles they charged for

wont be using them again, will try another site in future

They always have, at least the last 9 years or so I've been using it.
Good luck with another site, there's a reason ebay have the monopoly, they have customers...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

Jon Ison

posted on 25/7/11 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
I've been hassled daily by someone wanting me to leave feedback.
I sometimes don't leave feedback for weeks/months, I like to use the item I've bought for a while before leaving feedback.

The seller was emailing me daily demanding that I leave them feedback, even after explaining.

Eventually I left bad feedback with the line "here's the feedback you've been badgering me for"

Tony (2947, 100% feedback )

[Edited on 25/7/11 by UncleFista]

but was it the seller or ebay mailing you ?

ebay send automatic feedback reminders which the seller cannot turn off.

AndyW

posted on 25/7/11 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
ok, I think Im getting the message from you guys and I will not worry about it anymore. I suppose as someone siad, I got paid and no messing around so that should be a bonus. Although I thought the more positive feedback you have the more likley someone will want to buy from you. So why do so many e-bay adverts now say something like "less than 10 positive feedback and bid will be cancelled." I mean whats that all about?

Sort of rant over..........

Jon Ison

posted on 25/7/11 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
eBay feedback is not what it once was I'm afraid.

If someone as never sold on ebay then they can only have 100% making it a pointless exercise.

ss1turbo

posted on 30/7/11 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
It is a bit pointless as a seller - you can ONLY leave positive feedback which makes a mockery of it to be honest...or do you leave the real comment "Total waste of time - STEER CLEAR" with a positive flag (cos its that or sod all)??

Also guilty of not leaving feedback for a month or so, but then I do my ebay buying in batches (when I have money...), so may have a few weeks "off". When I go back on, I catch up with my feedback. Normally a case of "All items" and a generic "happy with etc" comment copy and pasted...so is it actually any use?

Once you get past a few hundred, you care less and less about it TBH - when you only have 10,20 or even 50 feedback, you protect that 100% rating like you would a child and try to increase it no matter what. 600+ now and...well, meh...

As for final value fees - they recently had a "clear up" of the differing final value percentages they take to "make life easier" - read that as "make them all as high as each other". Accept its 10%..I have. Not much else to do as eBay gets so much more traffic than any other auction site.

[Edited on 30/7/11 by ss1turbo]

Long live RWD...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.