<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hiya: Newbie Busa Alert
yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hiya: Newbie Busa Alert

Hey All

Just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Olly - and I'm an alcoholic

Sorry, wrong meeting - Just signed up and become a 'contributor' as I saw this site as a valuable resource of knowledge along with the buying and selling of bits and bobs )

I'm a professional photographer, so please excuse me now for my thousands of photos I'll no doubt post of my new MK Indy, I'm an avid track day goer, so hopefully will be meeting a lot of you at circuits around the UK.

I'm the new owner of a 2004 MK Indy Hayabusa, not quite too sure what else to tell you about it, other than its yellow.

Take care, please go easy on me, I'm reading the rules and regs of the forum and working my way through them

Thanks, Olly

HowardB

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
welcome, Leicestershire is a great place for yellow cars!!

looking forward to the pictures

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
When I figure out how to post photos, I will begin lol

That said, only took a couple since buying it

Proby

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum from a budding photographer!!! Bought myself an entry level DSLR last August for my birthday. Getting to grips with it now, and I can't believe how addictive taking pictures is! I may well be asking you advice!!
yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
feel free to ask away... always encouraging people to pick up the camera, I'm 28 and only ever been a tog, so would recommend anyone doing it if they have a passion for it!

that said, the only pics I have of my car, is from my iPhone (cringes) as I only bought it on Saturday, and its been sat in the garage since

HowardB

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
When I figure out how to post photos, I will begin lol

That said, only took a couple since buying it

pick the PHOTO ARCHIVE option from the header, and upload them, or paste a link using the little globe and chain thingy into a new post. If you link to external photosites, then it is important that the viewing is set to public

looking forward to seeing the pictures

Howard

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
haven't a clue what I'm doing but i'll role with this bit of code... hoping it works...

flame, pop, pop, bang, bang
flame, pop, pop, bang, bang
on the road home...
on the road home...
first fill up
first fill up
freezing cold wind
freezing cold wind

[Edited on 29/2/12 by yellowcab]

HowardB

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
that works!

Howard

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Now, I look like a right goon driving it on the motorway with no helmet... the story is this...

Saw it on eBay, arranged with the owner to go and 'have a quick look' with my friend (was 2 hours away), didn't anticipate on driving it home, just 'going to have a quick look', merely to leave a deposit I we liked it...

Well four hours, three coffees and a test drive and a bank transfer later, and a faff with the insurance I was driving it home (wtf how did that happen), having borrowed some gloves from the old owner to get home it was 5pm by the time we left Bedford, and borrowing some sunglasses from my mate...

So there you go, my justification for driving home on the M1 with no helmet lol Wouldn't drive it again without either a helmet or snowboarding goggles with a band around the back, under hard acceleration the wind just lifts the glasses off my face lol

Proby

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Looks excellent dude! Loving the flamer picture!!!! Have fun, take it easy until your used to it.
tilly819

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
welcome, looks fantastic im sure you will have a great time with it. were about in Leicestershire are you based?

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I live in Hinckley, so just in between Leicester & Coventry...

My YouTube channel will be littered with my track day & sprint antics no doubt too, just need to buy a Go-Pro Hero2

www.youtube.com/user/trackdaynova

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
It's not just the wind.... any small piece of grit, or insect will (do) really hurt/injure. Not good. Bike helmet is pretty essential. but that's my view (normally obscured with splattered insects).

I've also had coke cans (usually only half full thankfully), lit cigarettes and many UFOs being thrown out of cars as I pass...
wear a helmet!

tilly819

posted on 29/2/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
cool, not far away at all im just near melton mowbray

tilly

[Edited on 29/2/12 by tilly819]

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops, I thought I'd said where I am... I'm in Hinckley, in between Leicester & Coventry...

Totally agree with M_M, I have a FIA blue sticker OMP from my Sprint days that I'll dig out for future rides )

I'm sure I got splattered in the forehead by a few flies, but I was that bloody cold and numb, I only felt them the following day!

tilly819

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry my Fault, i somehow posted the same message twice OOps

afj

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car love the taxi theme lol. Hinckley eh hope you got a dry sump else Gerard's might kill your engine

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
lol it's a regular wet (but baffled) sump... I won't be going anywhere near Mallory, nor Gerrards... hate the circuit with a passion lol

ReMan

posted on 29/2/12 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
lol it's a regular wet (but baffled) sump... I won't be going anywhere near Mallory, nor Gerrards... hate the circuit with a passion lol

Girl!

BTW One yellow MK BEC to many in this neck of the woods GRRRR!

<<<------

Just kiddin of course.
Fosse park and back?

See you about
Colin

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

yellowcab

posted on 29/2/12 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
lmao, girl! it's a seriously seriously boring circuit, would you not agree?

how can I read up about your build/ car? do you have a 'project thread' or do they know have those on this forum?

ceebmoj

posted on 1/3/12 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Now, I look like a right goon driving it on the motorway with no helmet... the story is this...

Saw it on eBay, arranged with the owner to go and 'have a quick look' with my friend (was 2 hours away), didn't anticipate on driving it home, just 'going to have a quick look', merely to leave a deposit I we liked it...

Well four hours, three coffees and a test drive and a bank transfer later, and a faff with the insurance I was driving it home (wtf how did that happen), having borrowed some gloves from the old owner to get home it was 5pm by the time we left Bedford, and borrowing some sunglasses from my mate...

So there you go, my justification for driving home on the M1 with no helmet lol Wouldn't drive it again without either a helmet or snowboarding goggles with a band around the back, under hard acceleration the wind just lifts the glasses off my face lol

Sounds freakishly similar to when I bought my car. Very cool looking car you have there.

bobinspain

posted on 1/3/12 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Asylum. (The keys are under ther plantpot).

Congrats on the 'toy.'

Re' helmet/goggles/ choice, I covered all options, with a leather flying cap, ski-earwarmer, Bolle polycarbonate goggles, clear, shaded and low-light,(cheap on ebay), a paintball mask (mesh covers nose and mouth) and a helmet and other odds and sods, (earplugs). I had to get Baz to build me a 'boot' to carry it all. (joking).
So far, I've just worn the goggles, but then I've not explored what the car's capable of yet, having been out in it only five times in 3 weeks.

Enjoy!

tony-devon

posted on 1/3/12 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
congrats and welcome

just as a slight aside, you mention a helmet, whats the standing legally with wearing a helmet in a car?

my only experience was years back, got pulled and given a right bollokin for wearing a helmet in a car on the road

was just moving from one set of woods and land to the workshop

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
yellowcab

posted on 1/3/12 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
I would like someone to confirm, but I believe that you are allowed legally to wear a helmet in a open top car, providing the visor is clear... I might be talking tripe, I can't remember...

Actually, having typed that, that sounds wrong, so I don't know... if I ever get pulled, I will explain in the name of safety that I was 'advised' to always where a helmet, because after all, I'm riding a motorbike with 4 wheels, no windscreen etc

roadrunner

posted on 1/3/12 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
You can drive an open topped car with or without a helmet, but I dont know the law regarding a tin top.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.