Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gps speedo's... Russbot??????????
kipper

posted on 12/3/13 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
gps speedo's... Russbot??????????

I have seen some gps speedo's on American web sites that are for boats.
Is there any analogue speedo's in mph available ?
I know there may be issues with IVA but my car is registered but I am fed up of trying to keep magnets stuck to my prop shaft.
Something with matching revmeter would be a bonus.
Regards Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

russbost

posted on 12/3/13 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Denis

I do a gps speedo but it's not waterproof so would depend on installation as to whether really suitable - if you only normally drive the car in the dry & take speedo indoors with you to charge (they are self contained so no trailing wires) then I guess you'd be fine, but you'd need to remove it if it started raining!

They are on the webshop www.furoreproducts.co.uk

Not aware of anyone doing anything in GPS that covers revs etc nor of anything analogue

Normally getting magnet to stay on prop is not an issue, as long as the prop is spotlessly clean (meths) first then araldite or similar will usually do the job fine, you coukld of course move the magnet & sender to a driveshaft which will be spinning at less than 1/3 of the speed.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mcerd1

posted on 12/3/13 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kipperI am fed up of trying to keep magnets stuck to my prop shaft.

what about just changing the sensor type to one that uses the propshaft bolt heads instead of magnets ?

-

DanG

posted on 12/3/13 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
I had a similar issue with the magnets.

I opted for a GPS upgrade to my digidash.

I explained to ETB Instruments that my plan would be to completely rely on the GPS module for a full time speedo input and they recommended a 5Hz GPS upgrade.

I must say the unit only takes seconds to pick up a GPS signal and has removed the need for messing with magnets!

kipper

posted on 12/3/13 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
gps speedo's

Right ,Ive been doing some digging re GPS SPEEDO'S and found this site in USA. speedhut.com Can you clever people have a look and coment.
Matching rev counterslook good but would they work with my lumintion crossflow.????
I await the collective's comments
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

Ivan

posted on 13/3/13 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
I have Speedhut GPS Speedo and Rev Counter in my Cobra and am so far very happy with them - The GPS Speedo occasionally loses it's signal but that I think has more to do with the location of the aerial (Down near the Footwell) than problems with the Speedo - I am about to move it to the top of the Roll Bar.

When I finish installing a cigarette lighter I will power up my Garmin and compare speeds for interest sake.

At the moment the Rev Counter is running off the distributor so should work for a crossflow but can also work on computer controlled ignition as well.

I found speedhut quite good at answering any questions via email.

One of the nice things is they will print on any name on the face - I had COBRA done.

[Edited on 13/3/13 by Ivan]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.