Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Litter thrown from car window
MP3C

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Litter thrown from car window

Was coming out of ASDA in Kettering on my lunch break following a BMW and saw a "hot food" bag just been thrown from the car window! Thought this was absolutely disgusting behavior, anyway it was going the same way as me which annoyed me more... anyway further into the journey a child's arm comes out of the window with a juice bottle in it and just flings it into the road in front of me! Don't get me wrong I'm a patient driver but when I see an empty bottle coming straight at me from the car in front and hear bang off the bottom of my car lets just say I got a little mad! So was on the horn and everything but the driver either didn't hear or didn't pay any attention.
Anyway a roundabout was coming up with the lights on red - driver was going straight on and I was going right so thought I would pull up beside her and give her a little ear bashing. Basically said "Your kid has just thrown a empty bottle out of your car into the middle of the road in front of me!" she looked around at her kids then basically shrugged which I thought was horrendous parenting so I followed up with "Is this the example you set to your kids, allowing them to throw rubbish out of the window? I think it's absolutely disgusting!" she just ignored me which wound me up more so I got her attention with a quick whistle and basically said "You scruffy b*****d" made sure she heard and then went back for my lunch (feel a bit bad swearing like that in front of the kids but I'm sure from the look of the mum they have heard a lot worse than that).

I think this is absurd that some parents allow their kids to throw things out of the window like this and don't discipline them really annoyed me as I hate seeing litter on the side of the roads!

Anyway rant over, just thought I would mention it on here and see if anybody else had any similar experiences?

Matt

Ninehigh

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
This is why my car is currently 2 inches deep in rubbish, I'd rather it be on my floor than out my window.

coozer

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
It is illegal to throw litter out the window, shame the rozzers weren't around to give her a ear bashing and purse bashing fixed penalty!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

SteveWallace

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
My mother lives next to a nursery. The other day, a mother, having picked up her young child proceeded to change her baby's nappy on the seat of the car and then throw the soiled nappy onto the pavement before driving off!!

Saw a news article a few weeks ago where the police/traffic wardens went to a primary school to point out to parents that parking on the zigzag yellow lines was not only an offence but actually dangerous to their children. One drivers response was to hurl such a load of abuse (with his child present in the car!) that most of the rant had to be 'bleeped' out.

Some people should not be allowed to have children

Slimy38

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
This is why my car is currently 2 inches deep in rubbish, I'd rather it be on my floor than out my window.

Same for my wife's car, it gets all the kids rubbish. We shovel it out once a month, job done. My daughter won't throw things on the floor at any time, she'll either find a bin or (more often) give it to us.

james h

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Its infuriating, shame you couldn't have thrown the rubbish back into her car

It's especially bad if when you're driving your kit and you get a face full of crap, or even worse (I think I read this on here) is when a fag end ends up hitting you after being thrown out with no regard for the driver behind whatsoever. Grr

steve m

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Its a shame you could not collect the rubbish, and throw it back into her lap, with your harsh words, "you scruffy bitch"
that would of been funny,

Oh, and it was a BMW, says it all

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

steve m

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops, James beat me to that one!!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

james h

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Or...

Made a note of where her house was and empty your bins just in front of her drive... Too far?

steve m

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Were's the like button ??

renetom

posted on 5/8/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I live in what was once a nice country lane
Now thanks to the Scum who throw their rubbish
out of their windows it looks like the council tip.
Horsham district council never clear it .

James

posted on 5/8/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
When I was about 12 I was in the back of the car with a friend who was coming back for tea after school.

Even though I'd always been taught not to drop litter I thought it a good idea to throw a used drinks can from the window. Very funny I thought in front of my mate...

My Mum realised what I'd done, stopped the car, had a go at me and made me run back down the road (some distance) to go and get it.
Humiliation can have a very disciplinary effect!

Needless to say, I haven't done that again since!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

MP3C

posted on 5/8/13 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Would have loved to throw some rubbish back into her car, but like most people when I have rubbish I save it until journeys end and throw it into the bin!

What annoyed me more than the rubbish was the fact that she didn't care what she or her kids had done... Would have loved a dash cam to record her kids doing it and then see if I could get her a fine

twybrow

posted on 5/8/13 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
I recently collected a load of rubbish that someone throw out of their window coming out of Asda (I think Asda might be the link here)... I crossed the car park, and shoved it back through the window of the car that had thrown it, along with the line 'I think you dropped something'. The two girls inside looked rather sheepish after that!

Last week, the Mrs saw a van full of workmen pulled over in the lay-by opposite our house having their lunch. The driver through every item of rubbish from his lunch out of his window. Needless to say, the mrs didn't sit back and watch it - she marched over, collected it all up, and handed it back to the driver along with a reminder that they were in a sign written van advertising the company they worked for.... They apologised and drove off rather sharpish!

Numpties - litter louts really annoy me... There is no need!

Wadders

posted on 5/8/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
My mate got a £60 council fine for lobbing an apple core out of his van window onto a grass verge, and no amount of arguing about
birds eating it or apples falling from trees etc made any difference

steve m

posted on 5/8/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Rene

I drive down your road quite often, and pass your house

wonder what will be in your front garden soon

NOT !!!

rdodger

posted on 5/8/13 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Funny you should bring this up.

Yesterday I was driving through Manchester city centre when from the van in front came a balled up paper bag. I wasn't 100% it came from the van so did nothing. 1/4 later came an empty drink can from each window followed by another paper bag.

I hate the filthy Ba****ds that do this so pulled up at the lights and shouted over politely that they seemed to have dropped some rubbish. A massive bald head came out of the window and proceeded to tell me to go do things to myself a lady of the night would think twice about.

Luckily the lights changed before he could get out of the van and help me.

bigfoot4616

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
My mate got a £60 council fine for lobbing an apple core out of his van window onto a grass verge, and no amount of arguing about
birds eating it or apples falling from trees etc made any difference

that is one thing i will and do throw out of the window if i'm out of a built up area. even if something doesn't eat it it will soon rot away under a hedge.

every couple of weeks i usually clear out a couple of carrier bags of rubbish from the van floor.

macc man

posted on 5/8/13 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
The best one I remember is when a car emptied its ashtray at the side of the road as my mate passed by. He picked most of it up and knocked on the window. When the driver wound his window down he deposited it in his lap saying I think you droped this. What could he say??
ReMan

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger

Yesterday I was driving through Manchester city centre when from the van in front came a balled up paper bag. I wasn't 100% it came from the van so did nothing. 1/4 later came an empty drink can from each window followed by another paper bag.

I hate the filthy Ba****ds that do this so pulled up at the lights and shouted over politely that they seemed to have dropped some rubbish. A massive bald head came out of the window and proceeded to tell me to go do things to myself a lady of the night would think twice about.

Oh well at least it was'nt a gun or a knife.
Much reason why peeps should be careful about remonstrating with some of the scum in this country. They dont care about the law so it night not stop at a thrown out bag of rubbish.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

rdodger

posted on 5/8/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger

Oh well at least it was'nt a gun or a knife.
Much reason why peeps should be careful about remonstrating with some of the scum in this country. They dont care about the law so it night not stop at a thrown out bag of rubbish.

The part of Manchester I was in it could well have been a gun!

coyoteboy

posted on 5/8/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Take reg, call police, report littering.

Less cathartic but more effective and less risky.

JoelP

posted on 5/8/13 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
I often wish I had a rubber glove when out and about, when you see someone not picking up their dogs turds you could then proceed to throw it at them. It seems as perfectly reasonable course of action once you've wasted time cleaning poo off your kids shoes!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

hughpinder

posted on 6/8/13 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
I live on a main road 5 miles from the nearest town, and nearly 20 miles from the nearest macdonalds - I have about 200 meters of road front, and while I could still be bothered I used to pick up a carrier bag of litter every week from the grass/hedge. Every month or so there will be a bag of macdonalds stuff in there, or used nappies ..... How can people act like that.

Hugh

monkeyarms

posted on 6/8/13 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
REPORT IT!

I cant stand littering

http://www2.keepbritaintidy.org/Campaigns/Campaigns/Carlitter/Default.aspx

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.