Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MS2 quick sanity check
TrophyJem

posted on 22/10/13 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
MS2 quick sanity check

I'm just about to purchase an MS2 kit and I just want a quick sanity check that this kit will give me what I need to run my Duratec?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtii-programmable-efi-system-pcb30-kit-black-case-p-119.html

I'll be adding an EDIS for the spark and I'm running throttle bodies with a TPS.

I have the connectors to make my own loom.

Anything I've missed?

Cheers

BaileyPerformance

posted on 22/10/13 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
That's the correct kit, it comes with ignition drivers so you do not need EDIS, no reason/advantage to use an EDIS module as the MS ignition drivers are very reliable now.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TrophyJem

posted on 22/10/13 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance
That's the correct kit, it comes with ignition drivers so you do not need EDIS, no reason/advantage to use an EDIS module as the MS ignition drivers are very reliable now.

Great thanks

ashg

posted on 22/10/13 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
i was at diy autotune 2 weeks ago buying a couple to bring back. had you mentioned it earlier i could have saved you a bit of postage.

edit. if you are dumping the edis and using the built in drivers you need to order an additional bip373 for doing wasted spark as it only comes with one coil driver in the kit.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/bosch-bip373-coil-driver-mod-kit-p-230.html

i agree with BP edis is a waste of time it just adds extra complication and makes the install messier. back in the days of ms1, 2.2 main boards and vb coil drivers it was the better option as it did the vr conditioning and the coil driving, but the bip373 drivers that are used these days are so much more reliable it just makes the edis module a waste of time. plus the vr conditioning on the current 3.0 boards is perfect on every install i have ever done

[Edited on 22/10/2013 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

stevebubs

posted on 22/10/13 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Any reason not to run microsquirt? Comes ready built for similar cash...
BaileyPerformance

posted on 22/10/13 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
Any reason not to run microsquirt? Comes ready built for similar cash...

We always seem to have better results with megasquirt, plus the microsquirt ignition drivers are weak so you back to using an EDIS.

Microsquirts seem more susceptible to noise, but this can bd corrected with a capacitor across the 5v.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 22/10/13 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
If you choose not to use EDIS (I got rid) you need to buy an additional BIP driver and mod the circuitry accordingley.

Also you need a Jimstim to test as you go.

Go for the extra code as well when you get to building it.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

baz-R

posted on 9/11/13 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
If you choose not to use EDIS (I got rid) you need to buy an additional BIP driver and mod the circuitry accordingley.

Also you need a Jimstim to test as you go.

Go for the extra code as well when you get to building it.

and a extra 330ohm resistor

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.