Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted 2.0 pinto fast road cam fr32 ?
maximus1

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted 2.0 pinto fast road cam fr32 ?

Thinking of putting a fast road cam in pinto getting dizzy done by h h
Running forty deltortos. What wold you recomend ?

ianm67

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I would go with a Newman Cams PH4, ideal for use on a 2.0 with twin carbs. Burton sell them......

http://www.burtonpower.com/newman-camshaft-pinto-sohc-phas e-4-sprint-forp-275-474.html

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

theduck

posted on 19/2/14 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
instead of getting dizzy altered look at accupspark stealth black box, uses a locked out dizzy and magic box to give you a customisable ignition curve and costs not a lot!
mcerd1

posted on 19/2/14 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Kent FR32 etc and piper 270 or 285's are the old tried and tested ones - but some people prefer the wilder rally spec ones...

but I know lots of people I'd trust that swear by the newmans ones now

quote:
Originally posted by theduck
instead of getting dizzy altered look at accupspark stealth black box, uses a locked out dizzy and magic box to give you a customisable ignition curve and costs not a lot!

^^ thats near enough £100 for the box + £45 for a compatible dizzy to give you a 2D map on an old fashioned coil....

for a few £ extra you can have the H&H electronic modified dizzy with a modern dry coil = more powerful spark and its fit and forget

and the last time I talked to H&H they were developing a 2D programmable box like that to plug directly onto the late model dizzy from the EFI pinto's (the EFI ones have no mechanicals inside to start with so no mods required) - don't know how far they got with this though....

or for about the same money (with a little extra work) you could have a fully programmable 3D megajolt setup - the 3D map gives you a little better throttle response and much better fuel economy
if you can find the donor bits yourself it can be done for under £200 inc. brand new MJ unit

-

ash_hammond

posted on 19/2/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Are you in a rush? I'm talking my FR33 and electronic ignition out of my mac#1 pretty soon.

Edit.. Maybe an FR32.

[Edited on 19/2/14 by ash_hammond]

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

Not Anumber

posted on 19/2/14 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a Kent FR32 with a few other upgrades last year (injection head with 1mm skim & thinner gasket) which certainly improved the performance. Then this winter I finally got around to installing the megajolt ive had sitting in a cupboard for over a year.

The combination of the 2 have really transformed the pinto into something that starts easilly, is mild mannered in traffic, pulls like a train in any gear, has improved fuel ecconomy and accelerates much better.

When i fisrst read the FR32's powerband was 2500 to 7000 and it was described as Fast Road I feared it could be sluggish below 2500 so nearly went for the milder FR30 or FR31 instead. Snapper assured me this wouldnt be a problem and he was absolutely right, it's certainly no worse than a standard cam below 2500 and the power builds progressively, so no disadvantage at all that i can see. If I had the money I'd love to try a FR33 and an RL30 in the same engine to see if they are as tractable at low revs.

Even running the megajolt on the default generic map was better than the distributor ignition and as I learn more about 3d mapping it keeps on getting better.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.