Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Late Christmas prezzies
David Jenkins

posted on 9/1/05 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Late Christmas prezzies

I went through the usual rubbish in December - "What do you want for Christmas?" which I could never answer as I didn't have any ideas.
Then a card arrived from Machine Mart, saying that their new branch in Colchester was opening today for regular customers only, and they were offering 'VAT-free' prices. So my prezzies were postponed!
Santa brought me a big electric heater, an air impact wrench, blow gun, a new air hose and one of these lights - I've always compained that I didn't have enough light in my garage, but not any longer! 2 x 500W!

David Rescued attachment dscf0009.jpg
Rescued attachment dscf0009.jpg

stephen_gusterson

posted on 9/1/05 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have a single light. its fooking useless.

too directional, you can feel the heat, and the worse thing is that if you point it where you need the light, its so strong that its almost always blinding you, even from the corner of your eye.

Hope you get more success with yours than I have mine

atb

steve

indykid

posted on 9/1/05 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
if it's in the garage, keep it low and shine it at the walls/door. it gives more of a flood light.

they're good for taking engines, outside, out at night though (see engine hoist thread)

tom

how's the air impact wrench? i got my dad the CAT 91/93 one of the two, but am unimpressed. i like the air ratchet though, very useful.

splitrivet

posted on 10/1/05 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got one one those,suprising how they warm up the garage as well as letting you see what your doing.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

Northy

posted on 10/1/05 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Paint the walls and ceiling white, the best thing I ever did!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 10/1/05 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Got the same set a couple of years ago when on offer from screwfix for £10.............yes £10!

Still using original bulbs and it gives excellent lighting, just a shame i dont have a garage to use them in now

ATB
Locoboy

James

posted on 10/1/05 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
I have a single light. its fooking useless.

I have the double Screwfix one with 2x500X. One of the most useful bits of kit I have.
I've got 400+ watts of strip lights in garage so it's only needed when working on 'real' cars outside. I try and angle it downwards so it doesn't keep the neighbours awake as I can see it shining on their houses 100 yards away!

Steve,
I think you're problem is a symptom of having a company car and a reliable Megane. If you had an old Golf like me then you'd spend far more time (usually at 11pm on a Sunday night) desperately trying to fix something so you can get to work the following day!

In addition to this I've got a 250w small one that fits under the car nicely.

As you can tell I *hate* not being able to see properly!

James

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/1/05 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
I just go to the stores at the salt mine and sign one out........much cheaper.

Buy the replacement lamps from a leccy wholesaler 78 pence as to home bases five pounds

DaveFJ

posted on 10/1/05 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Aldi are currently selling a similair single lamp cheap - can't remeber how much though

I use mine for welding so i can see exactly how bad the weld is and it's less of a shock when i take the mask off..........

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.