Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Why Hermes - just - WHY?!
David Jenkins

posted on 4/5/22 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Why Hermes - just - WHY?!

Am I the only one to whom the name "Evri" is instantly forgettable and meaningless?

"Hermes" has been around for years, has a certain ring to it, and is the name of the messenger of the gods (so at least vaguely relevant).

Now I think they've just confused everyone, for no gain... but I'm no marketing consultant, so what do I know...

roadrunner

posted on 4/5/22 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
My theory on it, is that Hermes where so poor at doing there job that a name change was required to trick the unfortunate into believing it's a different company.
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/5/22 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
still comes into inbox as myhermes

then I get another email from Evri...

Tbh I both names are meaningless and I have never until now given it a single thought, you must be bored to get wound up by that

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gremlin1234

posted on 4/5/22 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
My theory on it, is that Hermes where so poor at doing there job that a name change was required to trick the unfortunate into believing it's a different company.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/hermes-changes-its-name-to-evri-after-parcel-mishandling-allegations-b987530.html

obfripper

posted on 4/5/22 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
They were parcelnet at the previous name change with a similar reputation, i have to say our local driver is great, however i can't count the number of things that have been lost by them in their system before they've reached the local depot, and would not use them out of choice to send anything of value!

Dave

David Jenkins

posted on 4/5/22 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Tbh I both names are meaningless and I have never until now given it a single thought, you must be bored to get wound up by that

Not wound up, just puzzled... and yes, I am bored this afternoon!

Hermes are actually quite good around my area, and I haven't personally had problems with them, although I know a lot of people around the country have. Not too many alternatives though...

westf27

posted on 4/5/22 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Apparently Hermes decided that their brand was dead due to being completely hopeless and probably too expensive to change that with their customers.Like David we had a good one and probably the best of many different couriers we use.
So Evri was launched with a complete revamp.So far I’m quite impressed.

loggyboy

posted on 4/5/22 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
This is what I got from them a few weeks back.:

Despite this on the intended day of delivery, it actually came the day after, straight to the office door.

Mistral Motorsport

nick205

posted on 4/5/22 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Couriers all seem to have become pretty bad over the past few months.

At work we used UPS for 15+ years without issue, now utter tripe and huge price increases.

Changed to DHL who worked well for a while, but are now becoming pretty bad.

loggyboy

posted on 4/5/22 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
DPD work well for me, but i think its very dependant on your local driver for deliveries and lap of gods for anything yours sending.

Mistral Motorsport

coyoteboy

posted on 4/5/22 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Am I the only one to whom the name "Evri" is instantly forgettable and meaningless?

"Hermes" has been around for years, has a certain ring to it, and is the name of the messenger of the gods (so at least vaguely relevant).

Now I think they've just confused everyone, for no gain... but I'm no marketing consultant, so what do I know...

Hermes are awful. Every time.
Just remember...

Evri thing is late
Evri thing is damaged
Evri

Mike Wood

posted on 7/5/22 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
I must be very lucky as my local driver for Hermes is excellent, as is DPD, Parcelforce and the postie.

I have got used to pictures of my feet next to a newly delivered parcel.

Cheers
Mike

coyoteboy

posted on 9/5/22 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Wood
I must be very lucky as my local driver for Hermes is excellent, as is DPD, Parcelforce and the postie.

I have got used to pictures of my feet next to a newly delivered parcel.

Cheers
Mike

I've stood by the door while the DPD guy drives by and takes a photo of his dash, saying he couldn't get access.
I've had Hermes insist a parcel was delivered, only to deliver it a week later.

None of them use the contact phone number to contact you if they can't find you.

Fortunately the DPD guy was replaced with a new chap who seems to be a capable human and is always on time and friendly (except when his van fell in a sink hole, I'll let him off). The Royal Mail are current winners in the UK for me- collected from the house (always with a moan about size, but hey ho) and always delivered on time.

In the netherlands.... well, that's a different matter. I had post sent from the UK (small parcel, below customs limits, containing a birthday present) - ended up having to chase it through the postal service for over a month. Local postage - 2-3 days. Amazon parcels - handled by Amazon folk - perfect, handled by DHL - 50% delivery/lost hit rate.

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/5/22 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Fortunately I'm lucky that our local couriers like DPD,DHL etc. know the area and seem to make an effort, often leaving stuff in the garage or behind the wheelie bin.

My gripe for Evri/Hermes is their using apparently anyone with a car, literally anyone at all! no marked vans, no uniforms, no badges... just some dodgy random turns up while I'm loading my gun to get them off my land!

Such a totally unprofessional operation.

[Edited on 9/5/22 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sanzomat

posted on 9/5/22 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've used Hermes to send things at least 25 times and yet to have a problem. Everything I've received via Hermes has also been fine although they do tend to leave things hidden around my garden if I'm out but I prefer that to having to go to a depot to collect. Certainly no worse than any of the others.

By far the worst round our way is Royal Mail and Parcelforce. I've had parcels left in my bins on bin day, delivered to neighbours without a card being left, delivered to a similar address in a town 20 miles away, thrown over our side gate (why couldn't they just open it!). Things I've sent and received by Royal Mail have arrived broken (despite being very well packaged).

coyoteboy

posted on 10/5/22 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Fortunately I'm lucky that our local couriers like DPD,DHL etc. know the area and seem to make an effort, often leaving stuff in the garage or behind the wheelie bin.

My gripe for Evri/Hermes is their using apparently anyone with a car, literally anyone at all! no marked vans, no uniforms, no badges... just some dodgy random turns up while I'm loading my gun to get them off my land!

Such a totally unprofessional operation.

I guess it keeps the costs down, if you don't have to livery a van, pay for uniforms etc.

However, given the fact that clearly everyone here is saying they prefer a different company, it seems like the performance is in the hands of the local team rather than the company as a whole.

What's most irritating is how this industry somehow manages to get away with essentially forcing zero customer interaction. You have to search 8 layers deep in the websites to find an email address, or you call their phone line and get a robot with no choice to speak to a human at all. What other industry gets away with essentially saying:

1) We'll do a thing by this time, pay this much. Probably, but we can't be held to it, and we're not responsible if the things are smashed.
2) If you can't track it via our website, regardless of the fact that the tracking info is wrong/incomplete/garbage, tough - you can't speak to a human.
3) If you turn up at a depot we'll tell you to use the website.
4) If you call, we'll tell you to use the website.
5) Give us your contact details in case there's a problem, but we won't use it.
6) We lost your thing. Better luck next time, bye.

nick205

posted on 10/5/22 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Same observation with Hermes here (Hampshire UK). Fortunately the guy that does it is spot on, lives in the community, knows everyone and delivers if you answer the door. If not you get a card through the door and he comes back the next day.

I guess it's luck of the draw on who you get and how well they do the job!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.