Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Holiday in Cyprus
Hellfire

posted on 9/2/06 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Holiday in Cyprus

Cyprus is looking a favourite so far, as a family holiday destination this year. Can anyone recommend a particular beach resort or self catering accommodation for a family of 3 adults and 4 children. Could do the usual brochure searches but you can’t beat personal recommendations. Looking for a resort with good choice of restaurants, not too lively, easy travelling distance of attractions etc etc. Basically, a resort that would be suitable for young children preferably with something for the kids too. Accommodation with pool or use of pool and within walking distance of beach. This ideal place probably only exists in my head but then again you never know. Any recommendations?

phelpsa

posted on 9/2/06 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
We're off to Cyprus for 2 weeks in the summer, never been before. The villa we're renting has a pool, is walking distance from the beach and near shops, although not in a resort. I'm looking forward to it

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
8ball s7

posted on 9/2/06 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
cyprus

been 3 years on the trot. Love cyprus.

1st year stayed in protaras (fig tree bay)
2nd year stayed in paphos
3rd year stayed in protaras fig tree bay again.

protaras pleanty to do great food great bars great beach.very hot in june
paphos (same)

i think there are more shops in paphos (by the harbour anyway)we stayed just out from the harbour (main place).5 mins in a bus.

Protaras is arround 15mins bus trip ayanapa (good for a look arround and some food.) stay clear of the nightclubs with the kids though.

Well recomend either.

uklee70

posted on 9/2/06 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I have been going to paphos since 1983

dad has a place there

It's changed alot the people are lovely but the cypriot pound is a bit strong but it keeps the rif raf out lol

I have some good friends in paphos but beach wise not great top family holiday

and a fantastic kart track who my friend runs and a family friend supplies the karts (biz)

nitram38

posted on 9/2/06 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
We have stayed in aiya napa. We went in April so it is not too busy, but is still about 27 degees C. I would not go there in the summer as it is heaving!
mookaloid

posted on 9/2/06 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Protaras, Paralimni, Fig tree bay, all in the same great area.

Deffo my fave holiday spot.

Great for scuba diving.

great for kids

Aiya Napa is ok during the day as all the clubbers are in bed! Steer clear at night time though.

Take a bus trip up to the mountains too very spectacular!

Cheers

Mark

hector

posted on 9/2/06 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Me and the wife have been 5 times now since 1999, and everytime is great, we stay in ayia napa near the harbour and its very quiet there, loads of restaurants around. Its not half as bad as they make out on telly there.
Nissi beach is excellent and about a few quid in a taxi, very good beach, lovely white sand, beaqch bars and usual watersports etc worth goin!!
Jeep Safari is very entertaining, Boat trip to Famagusta is a nice relaxing day, and like someone else said Scuba is brilliant
Its very much like home with the drivin on the proper side and all the same road signs! Wish i was goin meself......

cheers colin

hector

posted on 9/2/06 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Mark, its not you with the bright orange MAC out there is it???
saw it last time i went there in the Nissi beach car park.

colin

steve_gus

posted on 9/2/06 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Paphos

If you go in the summer months its almost impossible to stay outside sightseeing for long - it boils your head!

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 11/2/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Can anyone recommend accommodation in either Protaras or Paphos??

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.