Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where did you go today????
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/4/06 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Where did you go today????

Macspeedy and I went sailing today to the Inchcape rock 12 miles out from Arbroath.

Was a fast sail on a reach in a fresh easterly......a very cold fresh easterly with water temp at 5 degrees.
We covered the distance of 22 miles in around four hours 8 knots in a close reach!

So where did you go today
Bell rock history

[Edited on 2-4-06 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 2-4-06 by mangogrooveworkshop] Rescued attachment home_bellaerial.jpg
Rescued attachment home_bellaerial.jpg

Simon

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
decorating am, friends for lunch and seriously considering falling asleep at the mo.

ATB

Simon

wilkingj

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Nice day out then.

I had a relatively good day too.
Sorted my handbrake not working one side, made some brackets to support the wiring in the engine bay. Shortened two water hoses, fixed the clutch pipe to the chassis, wired up the brake fluid level warning switch, made a bracket to hold the throttle cable off the exhaust manifold pipes and crossed these items off my whiteboard under the car port.
All in all a fairly good day's progress on the Viento

Hopefully have it on the road soon.

[Edited on 2/4/2006 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
i drove back from the lake district today, quite a fun morning. Then i went van shopping, now im having a hot drink and then persuade the missus its bed time ive got a bad week lined up.
iank

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Started the day (1am) holding my 5 year old over the toilet while he threw his tea up, followed by cleaning up the mess where he hadn't got there in time while wife administered Calpol

Entertaining the 3 year old through the morning - 5 year old better but still hot and tonsils like golf balls didn't need much entertaining thank god for Cbeebies.

Lunch with family and friends, nice glass of white wine.

Looked after both boys in the late afternoon while wife was out. 5 year old getting hotter again.

Slumped in front of PC now. Deciding whether to leave for work at 5am tomorrow, or work from home.

Relatively normal Sunday.

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Had a cooked b/fast at the Dunkeld hilton went for a swim, steam room and jaquizzi (sp) and then had a quiet slowrun home via Glenshee ,Braemar, Ballater, Aberdeen etc. I must have had a light right foot as the Omega computer says 36.6MPG I've had it 4 years and the previous high was 31.5. The whitwater rafting on Saturday was excellent fun as well. Oh and how many of you guys have tasted crocodile. Lovely it was.
iank

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Oh and how many of you guys have tasted crocodile. Lovely it was.

Yes, but I prefer Ostrich
Oh, and never, ever, have rocky mountain oysters if offered (mistake by a workmate which cause much hilarity in that resturant)

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Yep ostrich is nice as well. Whats the deal with the oysters?

OK i googled it. What do they taste like? (chicken)

[Edited on 2/4/06 by omega 24 v6]

iank

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't have the balls (ho ho) to try them
Liam

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmmm crocodile - very nice. Like chicken but a bit more fatty.

Not bad going Omega - that a 2.5 or a 3? Dont think i could get that on my 3 even with the glass throttle pedal fitted

Hmmm today I have been mostly removing a beautiful 1.3 litre HCS engine from my brother's lovely Scort after one of the rods became connscious of its existance in a piece of crap and decided to leave. Great fun. Did manage to get me clutch pedal and pedal box almost finished off though.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
We met up with Bob, Conrod, AndyL (a bit late) and Trueblue, for cooked brekky down by the banks of the river Thames.
And very nice it was too, watching the boats chug along, and the rowers trying very hard to row against a strong current. The weather? sun, clouds, wind and showers, a bit of everything really, but the company was good! .....Swiftly brought back to earth by a DIY session at the biddies, back to base for a nice Sunday roast, and feet up watching NASCAR live! (Nextel Cup)....Bliss..

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
2.5 mate. Usually i average 28 to 29 (long runs only) wouldn't like to use it as a town car or a towcar but as aluxury barge on a long run it eats up the miles. Even at a steady 80 I can get 28mpg (secret is keep a steady right foot). The beastie needs a timing belt soon though. Still if i can get a cheap locking kit I'll do it myself.
omega0684

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
i got up at 4am to watch the GP, then went back to bed, got back up to the smell of bacon and sausages then into the garage, finished shot blastering the front upright and painted it, back to the house to watch the GP again, (i swear i fell asleep during the live running) then back to the garage to tidy up, now im watching 'Charles Angles, Full Throttle' on 5, and browsing the forum of course!

good day all in all, but im feeling the bed calling me

[Edited on 2/4/06 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

Liam

posted on 2/4/06 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
You not found VXonline yet (or cavweb as it used to be called)??

Cavweb

The omega section there is amazing - there are guys there that know absolutely everything possible to know about the meggy. You'll be able to hire or most likely just borrow a locking tool off somebody there. And they'll all tell you you must replace the tensioners too (complete OE spec kit can be had for 60 quid though).

LIam

omega 24 v6

posted on 2/4/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yep been on vxonline (same username) a very informative bunch of guys.
Danozeman

posted on 2/4/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Iv had a fun day too. Got up loaded me trailer with crap and took it down the dump. Went to the Claydon crown for a nice roast and a pint. Then went to mothercare and babies r us. FUN!!! Came home did some kit car. (got me back axle in and a side panel half fitted). Then in and assembled a cot.

Now beds calling as i have to be up at 5 ish to go to work.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

omega0684

posted on 2/4/06 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
got any pics of the back axle?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

dave1888

posted on 2/4/06 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
I been to Ribby Hall near Blackpool for the weekend. Got very very drunk on saturday spent today recovering then drove home tonight.
Peteff

posted on 2/4/06 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
We went to Jubal's for a diff he doesn't need now and called at the Cat and Fiddle pub on the way back. The weather was evil up there but there were people on pushbikes, motorbikes and walking, madness is everywhere. We saw a couple of Morgans with hoods on but no real cars.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeLR

posted on 2/4/06 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Had a" locosters day" at Loton Park hillclimb, free entry ! Saw cars form the Shropshire locosters there but did not see Rich or Ox.
Cant tell who is who when all dressed up against the weather.
"Should we all wear name badges ? " !!!!!!!!

Danozeman

posted on 3/4/06 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

got any pics of the back axle?

Is that aimed at me matey? Iv put some on me pc last night. Ill upload tonight.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

ed_crouch

posted on 3/4/06 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
I covered 4500 miles.

Went back to blighty!

Ed.

I-iii-iii-iii-ts ME!

Hurrah.

www.wings-and-wheels.net

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.