Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AUTOGRASS AT STRATFORD THIS WEEKEND
NS Dev

posted on 31/5/06 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
AUTOGRASS AT STRATFORD THIS WEEKEND

Anybody who is interested, the biggest autograss meeting of the year is this weekend just outside Stratford upon Avon.

The MAP open attracted an entry of over 700 last year, it is a HUGE event where anybody with any interest in the huge diversity of interesting engineering used in national autograss cars will have a great time.

I'm racing there, will be going down on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday evening.

Anybody is more than welcome to join us round the barbie, the more the merrier, a few beers and burgers might just get consumed!!!

Would be great to see a few locosters down there. Entry is usually around £10 including camping pass (iirc!)

For directions see here: MAP Open Directions

and to whet the appetite, here's a few pics from last years event:

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MikeR

posted on 31/5/06 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yep - the more the merrier - although you might have to bring something to cook (unless you find a burger van open).

If you do pop down and want to find us (i'll be with Nat) give me a call on 07803 988125.

flak monkey

posted on 31/5/06 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I would love to come. But its the girlfriends birthday on sunday, and its not her idea of a great day out!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

MikeR

posted on 31/5/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
So what about saturday ?

(its all weekend)

flak monkey

posted on 31/5/06 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Im 'entertaining' all weekend seeing as her family's up and left her here. I seem to remember this event fell at the same time last year? And then I was in the middle of exams.

I expect to see plenty of pics though

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

irvined

posted on 31/5/06 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Be afraid, be very afraid, last year we ended up testing out our home brew blast furnace which was rather hot.

Amazingly, nobody was seriously hurt in the process, and all eyebrows where in tact.

Shame I can't make it this year, I've got a really big fan

more antics : http://www.irvined.co.uk/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,3/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3786
and http://www.irvined.co.uk/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,3/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3834 Rescued attachment blast.jpg
Rescued attachment blast.jpg

http://irvined.blogspot.com

MikeR

posted on 1/6/06 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
ahem - i've got a 1400w leaf blower - luckily no power supply and no stove!

But that was fun

NS Dev

posted on 2/6/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
COME ON YOU LOT!!! THE SUN'S OUT AND THERE SHOULD BE LOTS OF GREAT RACING.........................................

HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU THERE.

MY CAR THE GREEN AND BLACK ONE, L25.

LOOK FOR A DARK GREY SIERRA XR4X4 AND A BLACK ASTRA IN THE CAMPSITE, WE'LL BE SOMEWHERE ABOUT WITH BEER AND FOOD.

SHOULD BE HEADING OFF SHORTLY..................WISH ME LUCK!..........

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MikeR

posted on 4/6/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
And having had to come back due to work i'd like to add ...........

he doesn't need luck, he needs better tyres & to listen to me.

Fantastic racing in all classes. In an attempt to maintain the circuit (and they're doing a fantastic job) they keep watering and rollering it. Makes it very un-predictable between races and great to watch. Some fantastic skill and some, errm, oh dears.

The 600bhp mini was fun, couldn't keep its front wheels on the ground.

NS Dev

posted on 5/6/06 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Shame you missed my last heat Mike!!

The backwards knackered tyres got me off the line well, 3rd into the corner, somebody drove up the back of me then fell off again and somehow managed to get 3rd place, next lap I got carried away, went wide, hit the soap on lino bit and 1/2 spun the bugger........red mist came in and did the same next lap!!!

Ah well!!

Think I'm going to try and get some new tyres sorted tomorrow!!

Was a cracking weekend though, car of the meeting for me had to be Endaf Evans' "Growler", twin suzuki TL1000S motors in a Lupo shell (well I think it was a lupo!)

I certainly have no doubt now that two std TL's will do the trick!!!!

MikeR

posted on 5/6/06 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
RIGHT, BL**DY WELL LISTEN TO ME NEXT TIME!

Really gutted i missed watching the last race. Trying to do some work knowing you where in the lovely sun racing wasn't easy.

Fantastic result tho.

(mumble grumble, when will you learn to listen to me? grumble mumble)

Had an idea how you can win Class 7. Its a bit extreme and, well, i think it would be cool. You'd certainly give a certain MINI a run for its money although the noise police might have an problem.....

3 v twins! You just sit in the normal driving position and put the third in the passenger seat! Now that would be a beast go on, you know you want to.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.