Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: moody cow in the bank!
john_p_b

posted on 11/12/06 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
moody cow in the bank!

gotta get this off my chest so where better to vent!

just been to the bank to get a bank draft so i can go and pay for and pick up my car, now bear in mind i've never done this before so wasn't sure what the process was........

walks up to reception desk, sour faced tart sitting there, i asked who i needed to see about a bankers cheque to which she replied - IT'S CALLED A BANK DRAFT, ok sorry never done this before so i'm a bit unsure........

sour faced woman - well there will be a charge you know.

me - well i need it doing so it doesn't matter.

SFW - but it's £12

me - well i need 3 grand so 12 quid doesn't really matter

sfw - well you need to fill out this form (throws it at me) and we'll need to see ID.

me - no probs i've got my license on me, can i have a pen please

sfw - there will be one somewhere already.

me - ok, thanks.............goes off fills out form and returns

sfw - I CAN'T EVEN READ THIS WRITTING ..........now my writting has never been great but it was in block capitals even a blind man could read!

me - well can you write it out for me then please?

sfw - i don't have time for that

me - ok can i see someone who does then

sfw then goes on to read the form back to me so evidently she could read it!!!

sfw - well it's going to take an hour so you'll have to come back.

by this point there's a tasty little blond standing with her who pipes up with "oh it's ok the manager isn't busy i'll get him to do it now"

sfw - I'VE TOLD HIM HE'LL HAVE TO COME BACK IN A HOUR SO HE'LL COME BACK IN A HOUR

me - it's fine i've got some shopping to do so i'll come back, oh and when i get back can you tell the manager i'll be wanting to see him because your attitude and customer service absolutely stink.

sfw - YOU WHAT!

me - see you in a hour

went back an hour later, saw her supervisor type person, explained that i was unhappy to say the least. they then handed over the draft, bleeted on about how sorry they were and they dropped the fee for making out the draft

seriously makes me think about changing where i leave my cash.

anyway, rant over thanks for listening

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

viatron

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
well if they dropped the charge you can gaurantee she will have been torn off a goodun, banks dont drop charges just for fun. You did the right thing and complained, good on ya
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spaximus

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
You were absolutly right to ask to see the manager. There is too much of this type of none service from too many of the people we use every day. If everyone complained then we might get the service we should, not what the allow us to have.
Everytime my bank thinks they can make a charge I simply ask them to faciltae my money to go elsewhere and the problem disappears. They rely on our apathy to give us shoddy second rate service in all areas, be it banking, NHS, shops etc

iank

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it actually worked out OK.
No fee an apology and probably a major b*ll*cking for her.

To be honest if she's always/frequently like that they'll be looking for a good reason to get rid anyway.

DarrenW

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I would have been in my element at that. She set herself up for some good sport. If you tried harder i bet you could have made her cry.

At least you got it for nowt. Well done. Keeping your cool probs made her more narked. Just need a letter off to head office now!

I didnt know my wife was working in a bank this week

02GF74

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
have you checked that the cheque is not a monopoly one
nige

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
moody cow

hope her husband ( if she,s lucky to have one)isnt biulding a locost or he ,ll never get in the garage

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

ned

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
how come you have to pay for bankers drafts? I've banked with nationwide forever and never paid for one. I know they are a building society, is this one of the perks of not 'banking' with a bank?

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Aboardman

posted on 11/12/06 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
you could of had the poor woman sacked just before christmas.
Coose

posted on 11/12/06 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
No, she could've had herself sacked just before Christmas!

I like going in to my local bank - they're usually really helpful and the usual girl behind the counter is ahem, splendid!

Spin 'er off Well...

RazMan

posted on 11/12/06 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
You could always send her some flowers if you feel sorry for getting her sacked

Seriously, you did the right thing and I only wish people had the balls to complain more often in this country.

[Edited on 11-12-06 by RazMan] Rescued attachment moody cow.jpg
Rescued attachment moody cow.jpg

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

john_p_b

posted on 11/12/06 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
you could of had the poor woman sacked just before christmas.

and this is my problem how?! if she'd been in the slightest bit helpfull then maybe i woulda just put it down to a clash in personality (is that posible in a 30 second conversation?) and walked away but she was just downright rude. if my 1 complaint was all it would take to get her fired then i think there'd be a lot more to it than that!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Kissy

posted on 11/12/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a similar experience in my local branch of Wationide. Already had a low yield savings account, 2-3 grand balance. We've just remortgaged (ironically with N/w, but not through the branch) - this resulted in us freeing up £85k (yeah, sacred me s**tless too). Money was transferred into our current account at Barclays (never been a great fan to be honest, but read on). Go into N/w on a Sat morning wanting to get this money earning pending something turning up to spend it on. Sour faced old bat (prob sister of SFW) serves me - I explained that whilst I had a savings account I wanted to get the highest rate possible, and was prepared to take 60 days notice if necessary. She explains that the best a/c is an on-line deposit a/c, highest rate and no notice period - great says I, I'll have one of those. You can't says SFOB, you have to have a flex-account to be eligible. Ok says I, I'll have one of those too. "You need an appointment to open an account" says SFOB. Ok, says I, I got some time I can wait. "We close at 12, and we're booked up til then" says SFOB. OK, how about next Friday afternoon or Saturday. "We're booked up on those days". Patience is wearing a bit thin by now, especially as this old bird seems to be going in for lemon sucking to enhance her already dour demeanour. "So I have 85 grand to deposit into a high interest a/c and you can't help me?"
"No."
"OK, so how do I close my savings a/c"
"Why would you want to do that?"
"Because you've just convinced me I want to - please explain to your supervisor why instead of you opening an a/c with 85k I'm closing the one with £2-3k."
I go back next door to Barclays.
"I'd like a high interest a/c, and I'd really like to open it today" says I.
"Certainly, please take a seat, would you like a coffee, we'll sort you out as soon as we can". Nuff said.

Letter to N/w directors explaining my dissatisfaction has been sent - shame it won't be in time to get SFOB sacked before Xmas.

mistergrumpy

posted on 11/12/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
£12 charge for your own money? Sour faced, unhelpful ar5eholes? This sounds like the Halifax to me. I'm just in the process of leaving them now and I'll be sending head office a letter to let them know of my delight at doing this. So much of a problem in the last 2-3 years that they've actually been a hindrance.

jono_misfit

posted on 11/12/06 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
For some reason in britain we seem to think you must pay extra to get propper polite service.

Absolute balls!

Anywhere else ive been bar good old blighty people practically fall over themselves to help you.

I frequently ask in polite tones if people would mind fetching me their supervisor as their attitude stinks. If their supervisor is no better i request that they call up their regional managers and i have a chat with them.

There are no excuses for it as far as im concerned. Even if im having a shttiy day i do my upmost to be pleasant and proffesional to any and all.

With regards to the comment someone saying she could of been sacked just before christmas. That would have been entirely of her own making nothing to do with the guy getting the bankers draft.

Catpuss

posted on 11/12/06 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
£12 charge for your own money? Sour faced, unhelpful ar5eholes? This sounds like the Halifax to me. I'm just in the process of leaving them now and I'll be sending head office a letter to let them know of my delight at doing this. So much of a problem in the last 2-3 years that they've actually been a hindrance.

I had fun with them too. Their mortgage advisor knew just about enough to show a list of options on the screen then gave me the rate. Went back the following week and was told that the rate only applied on the day of asking.

Went back to barclays for my mortgage, got a better rate and spoke to someone who really did know a hell of a lot about finance and wasn't the slightest bit patronising.

smart51

posted on 11/12/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
£12 charge for your own money?

No, for the draft. You can have your own money by cheque or by cash for free. Cheques can bounce so people don't like taking them when, say, selling a car. Cash can get nicked. I wouldn't want to take a few grand in notes off someone. A bankers draft is guaranteed because a bank clerk checks that you have the money in your account first. You're paying for the extra service (or not in someone's case)

G.Man

posted on 11/12/06 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Catpuss

Went back to barclays for my mortgage, got a better rate and spoke to someone who really did know a hell of a lot about finance and wasn't the slightest bit patronising.

No but working for them, i bet the poor bastard is underpaid and under appreciated by management...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Minicooper

posted on 11/12/06 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Bankers Drafts are not guaranteed if they are stolen or counterfeit

Cheers
David

mistergrumpy

posted on 11/12/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

No, for the draft

Yeah I know what you mean but you're paying £12 for them to write one of their cheques for your money i.e. paying for your own money. A very narrow view admittedly but just summat that gripes me. They should do it free out of good will for your custom. It can't cost them much at all.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.