New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Inflation in 2007
MAB

posted on 1/1/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Inflation in 2007

Sadly, steep increases for trackdays at Elvington in 2007:

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/cgi-bin/Otusshow.pl?News_January_07

ELVINGTON

There are still some places available on our next Elvington Trackday on Saturday 6th January Book Places are currently available.
The 2006 price of £95 has been held for this event. However it is with regret that due mostly to cost increases incurred in hiring the venue and arranging appropriate authorisations the price of future Javelin events at Elvington will rise to £119.
The vast majority of this increase is due to costs incurred and about to incurred by the venue owners in defending and appealing the recently highly publicised court case. It should be noted that trackdays users unfortunately have to foot some of the bill for this to benefit motorsport as a whole on the venue. No-one is making a profit from this increase other than the lawyers. All I can ask you to do is bite the bullet and accept that we have to do this to ensure the venue remains open to to motorsport and autoleisure and not retired to the history books. Show your support by supporting Elvington events.

Hellfire

posted on 1/1/07 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hijack this thread BUT... how in cats hell do you expect to protect history by York Council enforcing ever decreasing noise limits AND increasing prices. It seems York Council do not want this type of leasure activity on their patch and as such are milking it until it eventually folds.

The PC brigade are at it again... buy a nice house in a quiet suburban town which has a RACE TRACK and small AIRPORT. Then promptly try to scupper them both due to noise... honestly! It really gets my blood boiling!

I live quiet near a main road... should I try to close this down due to increased traffic noise pollution, light pollution quality of air, etc etc etc? Or should I just put up with it!!! What do you think???
/RANT

Steve

Hellfire

posted on 1/1/07 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting article here

Elvington isn't the ideal place for a trackday and will now become even less popular IMO due to current price increases and noise restriction enforcements. At the new price, it costs almost as much as some of the UK's premium tracks like Cadwell and Oulton etc. Take into account the cost of tyre wear and damage to bodywork sustained on an Elvington trackday and it just doesn't give value for money anymore IMO.

Phil

ruskino80

posted on 1/1/07 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quite true-recently got pulled over by a cop for overtaking someone(a clean,legal manouvre)he told me that i shouldnt be on the road in a race car and should take it to a track.not wanted on the road nor the tracks.(asside of croft elvington is my closest)
all this is just another sign of the times in good old blighty.

ruskino80

posted on 1/1/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
what the hell is this-----holding something back for blackmail or ransom by the council

''The airfield currently has a planning application for hangars on the site, but the parish council has asked City of York Council to delay considering it until after the noise court case is decided.''

skydivepaul

posted on 1/1/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
i always used elvington for my track days because:

1: it is near to me
2: it was the cheapest track day

with the price increase i will be looking at cadwell and croft as well as these are much better circuits and similar money

I will still use javelin trackdays as i think they offer the best value and also attract a good level of driver

paul

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/1/07 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
I can only agree with the above,Elvington was only worth a visit because of its value for money,and up to 2005 a relaxed noise level,which made it good for us BEC boys,that relaxed noise level went at the end of 2005,and now the value for money has goneits a real shame,but now for a few quid more,you can go to some great tracks like Cadwell Oulton and Rockingham,all with relaxed noise levels,I know which venues will be getting my money in 2007. Rescued attachment IMG_7928.jpg
Rescued attachment IMG_7928.jpg

smart51

posted on 1/1/07 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Elvington for 3 reasons:

It was loud - 105 dB
It was cheap - under £100
It has huge run off

I would avoid Elvington for one reason

Enormous tyre wear

£119 is still not dear and to be fair, Elvington Airfield Ltd had to put off resurfacing plans to fund their legal defence. If an extra £20 or £25 per car covers the cost of some decent tarmac, I don't begrudge the extra cost. It'll save £100 on tyres once its done.

Coose

posted on 2/1/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget that Teesside Autodrome isn't too far from Elvington, it's cheap and best of all it's a proper circuit!

It's superbly suited to se7ens....

www.teessideautodrome.co.uk

I have nothing to do with the circuit - I just like the place (even though I destroyed a motorbike there last year.... )

[Edited on 2/1/07 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

DarrenW

posted on 2/1/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Im with Cosse on that one. Cant wait for the next ne7ers meet there. Its quite small but tricky enough for all levels of driver. The way the track organisers run it is to be aplauded. They dont put up with any crap but at the same time allow lots of enjoyment for all.

Ive only ever been there with the ne7ers - you will be hard pressed to find a better bunch.

[Edited on 2/1/07 by DarrenW]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.