Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chianese Civil engineering....
Jon Ison

posted on 30/1/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Chianese Civil engineering....

Below is an extract from a email I sent back too work last night........

For pistol drill read B&Q cheapie drilling 20mm holes through reinforced concrete.........

"Been a funny old day today, the two tippers are in position but only 4 of the 8 holes required are drilled, we/they hit re bars, what happened next opened my eyes, they got a steel bit 20mm, with a taper shank, ground the shank paralel with a angle grinder then tried too drill again, lets just say it did'nt work, re bar cutting drill on shopping list for tomorrow, they are drilling the holes with a normal sized pistol drill too......."

nib1980

posted on 30/1/07 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
just the same in India, no nanny state health and safety, it's great, the job just gets done!
Peteff

posted on 30/1/07 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'll send you my Bosch SDS out Jon, Just got to put a couple of shelves up

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Could do with it Pete, here is a pic of the best lever we could find, a 7 foot long piece of bamboo Rescued attachment lever.JPG
Rescued attachment lever.JPG

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
And here are the landscape gardeners out side, must have shifted 50 ton of top soil (clay) with there trendy barrows n shovels, every job out here is just throw loads of men at it.
The turf they are laying looks like it will be dead in a week and just a bit bumpy.

Health n safety, look, they all have hi vis jackets, safety glass's and hard hats, too lay turf ?? Inside there welding with no gloves a mask with a broken glass and plastic coverhauls............ Rescued attachment turf.JPG
Rescued attachment turf.JPG

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
And one last one, took this too show missuss, look what was waiting at side of bed, think I will get this treatment at home ? Not. Rescued attachment slippers.JPG
Rescued attachment slippers.JPG

DarrenW

posted on 31/1/07 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you are having a great time Jon. Ive just arrived in Hangzhou. Far better city than Mianyang. 3 nights of luxury now before sluuming it at the Shanghai Marriott on Saturday!

How are you finding the people and the food?

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/07 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
food great, problems with labour as they got the cheapest they can, not a word of english and go too sleep evertime you turn your back
nib1980

posted on 31/1/07 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Lucky you, this was out side the factory in Delhi

outside factory
outside factory

this was the way back to my hotel (the hotel was a lot bette)

outside factory 2
outside factory 2

Jon Ison

posted on 31/1/07 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Sounds like you are having a great time Jon. Ive just arrived in Hangzhou. Far better city than Mianyang. 3 nights of luxury now before sluuming it at the Shanghai Marriott on Saturday!

How are you finding the people and the food?

Just had this mail, whats it like ?

"The other thought is to fly you down to Wenzhou (an hour flight) to Jianan for training on their Pharma post hoists etc as there is a good chance we are selling quite a few on a contract to Bulgaria."

DarrenW

posted on 31/1/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ive never been there Jon tbh so cant advise. Its a shame you are saddled with that team. My experience is extremely different as my company has a policy of hiring graduate staff and training shop floor staff etc. Ive always found the Chinese labour to be very industrious. the company is also TS16949 accreditted so has fairly highly developed procedures in place.

If you are not happy with some of the team have a word with the company and sack them. Its them or you. Dog eat dog (quite literally over here!!!!!)

Ive just had a fantastic rib eye steak in the hotel.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.