New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: my other mode of transport when the road tax and fuel goes up
cct7kitcars

posted on 23/3/07 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
my other mode of transport when the road tax and fuel goes up

this should save me a few quid on travel

[Edited on 23/3/07 by cct7kitcars] Rescued attachment HPIM1306.jpg
Rescued attachment HPIM1306.jpg

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, Tequila in the other, body bearing battle scars and totally worn out, screaming- WOO HOO!! What a Ride!

SeaBass

posted on 23/3/07 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
What a load of horse crap!!

Duncan_P

posted on 23/3/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Someone on Pistonheads novel proposed solution to avoiding the upcoming £400 bracket and stick two fingers up at good old' Brown was to buy an early 70's Jensen Interceptor

Ok you would end up paying loads in fuel tax.... but then £400 should buy at least enough fuel to run it for a couple of weeks

hhhmm.....wonder how well a Bio Ethanol conversion would go

[Edited on 23/3/07 by Duncan_P]

Duncan_P

posted on 23/3/07 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cct7kitcars

[Cynic Mode]

I'd keep that quiet if I were you or he'll probably put up the tax on that as well as its not that solution to all our problems 'Public Transport'

[/Cynic Mode]

spaximus

posted on 23/3/07 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
You didn't read the fine print did you. Everything is now measured on pollution, so your horse is full of methane, craps everywhere and is difficult to dispose of when it dies. How much will that cost you?
Ivan

posted on 23/3/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
I would go for this - a steady 40 mph - Locost and doesn't need a licence, road tax or insurance and you can cut right
through the traffic and do some useful gardening when you get there I want royalties from anyone who develops this idea
- you saw it first here.

Real locost
Real locost

Please excuse the art work

[Edited on 23/3/07 by Ivan]

Confused but excited.

posted on 23/3/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cct7kitcars
[Edited on 23/3/07 by cct7kitcars]

And the fine for being caught pissed in charge of a horse, whilst wending your merry way home from the pub?

A whopping 50p!
Hasn't changed since it was 10 shillings.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

goodall

posted on 23/3/07 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
by any chance has that law been about since the middle ages? are was it not until some time sooner people got uptight about riding under the influence of alcohol

ah theres to levels to that one

think handicap children if you dont see it

Simon

posted on 23/3/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I reckon the £400 rfl is going to be counterproductive.

Take one (for eg) Range Rover, purchased by a rich bloke or for co car. Buy rfl for £400. Company or rich bloke won't be too bothered with this, but when it's sold for the 2nd or 3rd time - after a bit of depreciation has occurred and vehicle is "affordable" by mere mortals, the vehicle is quickly going to become scrap. Say 5 or 6 years. If RFL was £50 on this car, mere mortals could afford to tax, therefore more likely car will be around for 15 - 20 years.

Which is more eco friendly.

ATB

Simon

minordelay

posted on 23/3/07 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Could this be a good opportunity to get that 4.6 I've been longing for !!!!
gazza285

posted on 23/3/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I don't like car tax or road fund licence or whatever its called now. It is a tax on ownership and has no relation to how much you use the car. It would be fairer to just tax fuel. I know the manufacturers figures are used to base the emissions do dah pricing bollocks, but that goes out of the window as soon as somebody actually drives the bloody thing. Is the wonderful Chancellor telling us that a small engined supermini that is arseholed everywhere by some gold chained scrote 24/7 (I was tempted to say cockmunching spactard there for a minute) is more green than a low mileage, sensibly driven farmers tool? And it's cheaper to insure!

Watch out for keeping the nag in with others, one of ours sustained a broken leg in a field with another horse, Rage Against The Machine did a song in its honour........

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.