Author: Subject: Add insult too injury
Jon Ison

posted on 17/4/07 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Add insult too injury

Or what ?
Guinness

posted on 17/4/07 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
FFS

Get me out of here, the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Mike

dl_peabody

posted on 17/4/07 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Chris Haslam, a travel writer from north London, said he was “flabbergasted” when he reported his Land Rover stolen last week and was told of the “new service”.

In similar news, victims of rape will have to pay their rapist prevailing rates for the services rendeered.

What is wrong with the world when "service" is used as an excuse to dip into your pocket?

Perhaps they were using service as a verb and not a noun!
"The police serviced my checkbook."

Is it possible to sue a high ranking government officail to gain attention for this kind of abuse?

ReMan

posted on 17/4/07 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
It get's wooking worse...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3390315.stm

turbodisplay

posted on 17/4/07 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
Its ok, a stolen car is only many times more likely to be involved in a fatal accident. Road safety isn`t important, its making money.

Because of all the cctv, forensics police don`t know how to detect. If it isn`t handed to them they can`t catch any criminals.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 17/4/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
ReMan a top ranking judge/court official has resigned over your link. How would it stand up if you challenged it??? In effect you are being made/charged to pay for a crime you didn't commit FCUK ME where will this all end.????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

ReMan

posted on 17/4/07 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
ReMan a top ranking judge/court official has resigned over your link. How would it stand up if you challenged it??? In effect you are being made/charged to pay for a crime you didn't commit FCUK ME where will this all end.????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yep!
I'm not unsympathetic to victims of crime, but it's just another case of the motorist being a sitting duck for anything that needs funding!

chockymonster

posted on 17/4/07 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I hate lazy journalism.

The fee is charged to collect your vehicle from it's location and take it to the secure compound. If this happens then SOCO will do forensic tests on the car.

The recover agents used by the police are certified to not interupt the scene and corrupt evidence. If you recover the car yourself then the scene has been tampered with so any forensic clues are wiped out.

This charge has always been there if your car is recovered, it's not a new thing.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 17/4/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

The fee is charged to collect your vehicle from it's location and take it to the secure compound. If this happens then SOCO will do forensic tests on the car.

So why oh why doesn't the judge/government see fit when and if (and it's a big if) the criminal comes to court that he has to pay for the motorists out of pocket costs for recovery bus fares etc etc etc. I mean if we've to pay for some cnut thats beaten up his wife why doesn't the car theif have to pay for our stress. OH but no we've got to sue them or go to the small claims or whatever. I want justice and if its a toe rag that's done it before I want him castrated so he can't bring anymore theiving scum into ther world.
Maybe I should stand for government

omega 24 v6

posted on 17/4/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote

I was thinking of how much I could claim in expenses

JoelP

posted on 17/4/07 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
well id vote for you
Aboardman

posted on 17/4/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
and don't forget they will need a copy of your fingerprints and dna to eliminate you after they test the car,

otherwise you will go on recond as having stolen a car,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.