Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Micra runs again!
trogdor

posted on 26/4/07 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Micra runs again!

Hey,

just to let you all know my micra is finally running again after breaking down ages ago in febuary. Had been waiting for a dizzy for it ages, and it finally arrived this morn, it idles lovely now with no horrible clacking noise.

on the down side i have to find a new front wing for it as when i was leaning on it fixing the car the middle fell to bits on the floor

oh mst remember to move the tub full of oil before we drive the car too!

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/4/07 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
You’ll forget about the tub of oil, I guarantee it...

So the noise was the dizzy after all, rebuild the front wing out of filler and ally mesh. I you clean off the rust before hand it will last fine.

I should be getting another car tonight to take over from older bluebird as that’s having some major gearbox problems, like no gears left

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trogdor

posted on 26/4/07 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
i might end up doing that, but someone got there before me and used newspaper, am a bit afraid to pull off all the rust as i will prob have no front wing at all!

might go back to the old stand by, duct tape!

is sealing the back window, the holes around the windscreen and on on of the doors and now probally the wing. don't you just love the stuff?

am deffo gonna remember the tub, will write on my arm i think

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/4/07 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
hmm personally I'd remove the newspaper as that will just hold water and rot the car even more. That ally mesh comes in A4 sizes and can be formed by hand and cut with scissors. Use P40 glass fiber reinforced filler and then the normal stuff. It's quite amazing what you can hide

you'll have to post a pic of this duck tape work of art

[Edited on 26/4/07 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 26/4/07 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
easier to get a wing from the scrappy, they are very helpful if you go armed with cans of beer for them!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Peteff

posted on 26/4/07 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Micra wings bolt on don't they? If there's anything left to bolt them to they should be easy to fit.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jambojeef

posted on 26/4/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
You might pay £30 for a pattern wing but for all the faffing trying to bodge it full of mesh and filler its got to be much easier to buy one.

I think Deve is right, they do bolt on but even if its a weld on wing - its only a few spot welds?

Geoff

trogdor

posted on 27/4/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
yeah will get some pics later today, its really mucky at the mo too as its been sat there for 10 weeks.

have cleaned out the inside, and had to throw away a cool bag, had left a bag of oranges in there from feb 10th! not pleasant.

the wings are bolt on, tho i couldn't get the one in the scrappy off when i tried, though i didn't try that hard as had other things to fix on the car. am gonna keep a look out in the scrappy's i think as that car has since been crushed, is a shame as there were a load of good parts on it.

my girlfriend really wants a wing in a different colour, it appeals to her for some reason!

ps i remembered to move the oil, though i had written it all over my hand!

[Edited on 27/4/07 by trogdor]

iank

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
A different coloured wing is worth an extra couple of mph (on average) in city-centre driving.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

trogdor

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
how about a different coloured wing, rear hatch and doors?

thats what this micra will need at some point!

iank

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Should be better than fitting a turbo the shiny BMWs, Mercs and assorted 4x4's just get out of your way. White van's will still cut you up so watch them

[Edited on 27/4/07 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

trogdor

posted on 27/4/07 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
will keep an eye out, its amazing how bad people drive around the car, especially with the L plates on, they must take it to mean drive as close to my arse as possible i enjoy the attention!

though having fixed the car its amaing how quickly it starts! practically as soon as you turn the key.

though the exhuast is driving me mad, it keeps knocking on the back axle.

Mr Whippy

posted on 27/4/07 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
this so reminds me of my early cars

I think every panel should be a different colour though just what you put on the registration document?

[Edited on 27/4/07 by Mr Whippy] Rescued attachment a multi car.jpg
Rescued attachment a multi car.jpg

trogdor

posted on 30/4/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
hey, have uploaded some pics of my duct taped up micra on my photo archive, would of put them here but they are a tad big, didn't realise my camera phone was that good!

[Edited on 30/4/07 by trogdor]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.