are they ok reliable etc ?

something like this but less miles

[Edited on 18/5/07 by graememk]

x_flow57

posted on 18/5/07 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
I own this

Celica GT4
Celica GT4

Carlos Sainz limited edition, one of only 440 originally imported by Toyota out of 5000 homologation specials they made. 205BHP standard now in the region of 250BHP. 4wd turbo.
It had done 90k when I bought it and is now on 130k, not a single problem in that time, Toyota reliability is generally regarded as brilliant. It does get through tyres and fuel at an alarming rate if it is driven as it should be and it deserves regular servicing.
I really ought to sell it as it just does not get used at the moment, but I can't bring myself to do it.
They have no issues that I am aware of and they just do not get tired evan after high millages.
Buy a good one look after it and enjoy for years

PS NO WAY WOULD shmbo (not) be allowed to drive mine.

[Edited on 18/5/07 by x_flow57]

JAG

posted on 18/5/07 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Graeme,

My missus has one of those - the vvtl-I version, it makes 190hp and goes like stink. The only thing that's saving her licence is the fact that she doesn't like to rev it too hard - it redlines around 8500rpm but she doesn't like to take it over 5000rpm

Toyota reliability is legendary as is there attention to detail etc... It's a great car to drive even on the motorway and 70mph is 3500rpm in 6th gear.

We haven't had it long enough to tell you if it's reliable but the guy we bought off said he'd only ever replaced brake pads, discs and headlight bulbs (other than standard service parts of course) in the 75000 miles he had covered.

[Edited on 18/5/07 by JAG]

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

speedyxjs

posted on 18/5/07 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
DEFINATELY reliable!!! Its japanese!

[Edited on 18-5-07 by speedyxjs]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

bimbleuk

posted on 18/5/07 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I was fortunate to own a Celica Sports M TRD with a Blitz supercharger kit fitted and even that never gave me any reliability issues! They only did 1000 of those.

Very good handling cars, about only thing I can say is if you want a car to commute in then consider the VVT. The VVTLi is great for a blast but can get a little tiring having to rev so high. Also one of the few weaknesses of the 2ZZ-GE VVTLi engine is the possibility of over revving by say mis-shifting and bending valves.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.