Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nice Logo....... (Olympics)
Tralfaz

posted on 7/6/07 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Nice Logo....... (Olympics)

What the hell?

Discuss.

twybrow

posted on 7/6/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Biggest waste of money since the Millenium Dome. Looks like a really bad 80's inspired logo. I think the TM sign may be overkill - who the hell would want to copy/reproduce that!?

Jonte

posted on 7/6/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
LOL
that looks like something I oe my 3 year old boy could have drawn

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 7/6/07 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
cost far too much but I didn't think it was too bad until someone on another forum said "you'll see that it's actually Lisa Simpson giving a b***-j**"
flak monkey

posted on 7/6/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, looks like someone with 5 earrings knealing and giving a BJ to a standing bloke.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

goodall

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
it looks to much like a 80's disco logo, well what i would imagine 80's disco logos to look like. im fine with it the olympics logo is always kinda stupid looken. all good art is not popular when its made, or something like that

clockwork

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
I like it.

I think designers can get a bad rap. The design requirements for that logo are huge.

Microsoft employ at least three people FULL TIME just to come up with icons for your desktop programs and how many do they produce a year?

It not only has to look good and promote the brand, but it cannot offend any-one IN ANY CULTURE around the globe.
It must be able to be accurately reproduced cheaply on multiple format media (stitched on socks, printed on T-shirts, printed on Mugs etc. etc.)
It cannot imitate anything.
It must be identifiable.
It must create a reaction.
The media is going to prey on the easiest reaction, and parents are going to impress on people the merits of their kids art.

In fairness they did try and follow the famous branding book "Creating a brand for only £250"

Steve Lovelock

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I like it too, all the more for the fact that loads of duffers have gone up in arms about it and the idea that it does look like Lisa Simpson...
robertst

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clockwork
I like it.

I think designers can get a bad rap. The design requirements for that logo are huge.

Microsoft employ at least three people FULL TIME just to come up with icons for your desktop programs and how many do they produce a year?

It not only has to look good and promote the brand, but it cannot offend any-one IN ANY CULTURE around the globe.
It must be able to be accurately reproduced cheaply on multiple format media (stitched on socks, printed on T-shirts, printed on Mugs etc. etc.)
It cannot imitate anything.
It must be identifiable.
It must create a reaction.
The media is going to prey on the easiest reaction, and parents are going to impress on people the merits of their kids art.

In fairness they did try and follow the famous branding book "Creating a brand for only £250"

let me guess.... you're a first-year marketing student?

all you said is true... but its SO ugly it gives the impression that not enough money is being put into the london olympics and no matter how well made a logo, if it gives that impression... bad news mate...

Tom

iank

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I like this version

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Guinness

posted on 7/6/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
I was amazed at the quality of the alternatives posted on the BBC website within hours of the launch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6723027.stm

I like:-

and

Mike

Castrol Dave

posted on 7/6/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I try and look at it time and again, hoping it will grow on me........

....All i can see now is Lisa

Not sure if i want a t-shirt for my kids with that picture on it?

Happiness is a state of mind...

If your not happy...change your mind.

Tralfaz

posted on 7/6/07 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I thiught this was quite good. When Small(or from far) it reads London clearly, closer up the 2012 is clearer.

Lisa,funny!

Agriv8

posted on 7/6/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
just shown this post to the missus and she has nearly wet herself.

We both agree lisa blow job

regards

Mr and Mrs Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Macbeast

posted on 7/6/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
The only thing in its favour is that Ken Livingstone doesn't like it
RK

posted on 8/6/07 at 03:29 AM Reply With Quote
I think if you look hard enough, it represents the taxpayer bending over.
DarrenW

posted on 8/6/07 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
We must have some of the best advertising and PR gurus in the world here in blighty and yet they come up with that!!!! Utter crap. i bet it cost a fortune as well.

Im all for the Olympics coming to UK (not necessarily all for it being in London) but just hope we do it on budget and make something out of the whole experience. If all we get is some facilities and no better training for budding young sports men and women then it will be a waste of time.

Tralfaz

posted on 8/6/07 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
We must have some of the best advertising and PR gurus in the world here in blighty and yet they come up with that!!!! Utter crap. i bet it cost a fortune as well.

Evidently....£400,000

goodall

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote

i like this one, but the problem with it is that its not new and fresh and is just working on something someone else done

give it time its likely by 2012 fashion and design will have changed alot and by then this logo may fit in perfectly and look fantastic.

this whole thing reminds me of the howard goodall show i saw yesterday morning on channel 4 for about bass were he said that if you played modern music to someone from 100 years ago they'd think its awful because we have become a tuned with music not following and being abit erratic which has only came about in the last century in a big way. think about the sierra, the common donor at the moment, my father tells me people didn't like the way it looking when it first came out but yet in only a few yea almost every car on the market had a similar design...

[Edited on 8/6/07 by goodall]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.