Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My first trackday.....
MOz

posted on 11/6/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
My first trackday.....

On 4 wheels.

Was a great crack. Awesome circuit. Lots of learning points. One spin!

Thanks to all at bookatrack.com. The day was a testament to their highly professional setup.

Thanks also go to Dave who packed his camera, took 250 shots like the one below and saved me having to buy the website rip-off ones. Oh, and he helped me set up the suspension!!!

Time to book another!

MOz

ChrisGamlin

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Glad you had a good time, BaT are one of the best but I think its a bit unfair to call BaTs own photo service as "rip-off".

If you think about how much it costs to have a decent photographer there for the day and then think about how many people actually buy a set of pictures at £20 a time, even if you sell them to 1/4 of the attendees that day then you're hardly covering costs I wouldnt think!

[Edited on 11/6/07 by ChrisGamlin]

cadebytiger

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
your pictures are brilliant! Really well taken
MOz

posted on 11/6/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Fair play. Didn't mean to diss the photog that BaT provide.... Its just I've paid up front for photos before and have been really disappointed with the results.

My mate takes photos for a living so I guess I was lucky to have him come along.

Can't wait for my next trackday!!!

MOz

ChrisGamlin

posted on 11/6/07 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I know what you mean, but with BaT you can at least look at all the low res copies on their website before deciding to buy so its not too bad at all.

One of my mates who comes with me sometimes is a good photographer too, so agree it is nice to have your own personal snapper as you can ask them to shoot at certain times / places and you know where they'll be. At a lot of tracks there's limited access to general public though so the offical photographer can often take shots you'd otherwise get.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.