Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New toy for the garage
Pezza

posted on 26/7/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
New toy for the garage

Picked up this today

Had a good practice, managed some reasnoble quality welds, butt welding and spot welding bits in place. Got goood penetration

Bit more practice when I pick up some more bits of scrap and I can get the engine cradle welded in my chassis

Pez

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

Peteff

posted on 26/7/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
First thing to do is build a trolley for the welder and bottle, get down the supermarket with a pound for the materials

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

fesycresy

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Or if you go to the out of town stores they don't need a pound

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Pezza

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
lol good idea!

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

mookaloid

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
First thing to do is build a trolley for the welder and bottle, get down the supermarket with a pound for the materials

I didn't know supermarkets sold stuff for making trolleys.................oh I see what you mean

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

BenB

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Just be careful. Shopping trolleys are coated in yucky zinc. If you weld it you'll get crappy welds and a stinking headache... Same reason its a bad idea to use a shopping trolley as a BBQ.... Well, okay the bit about crappy welds doesn't matter then.....
Pezza

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Think a shopping trolley would be a bit wide anyway for ease of maneuvering.
Where i'm working tonight has a huge metal store they said I could raid.
So i'll grab some box section of various sizes and knock one up myself. They've got a box of caster wheels too

Peteff

posted on 26/7/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Here's my trolley

It's traditional to build one with the welder as a tryout. This was built from stuff lying round the shed and some wheels bought from Newark for a fiver Rescued attachment tig.JPG
Rescued attachment tig.JPG

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

speedyxjs

posted on 26/7/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
Or if you go to the out of town stores they don't need a pound

Or wrap a 1p or 20p in paper to the shape of a £1 and wedge it in. Much cheaper and if you get really good at it, you can use it in vending machines

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

MikeR

posted on 26/7/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
i think the rear wheel on the welding trolley is a bit OTT!!!

Oh, how many miles do you get before the wing stay holding the cycle wing on breaks?

GeoffB

posted on 26/7/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey i think putting those green cycle wings on the back of the trolley was a bit over the top...

Damn must type faster

[Edited on 26/7/07 by GeoffB]

Peteff

posted on 26/7/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, how many miles do you get before the wing stay holding the cycle wing on breaks?

Seven years and still going strong
green cycle wings on the back of the trolley was a bit over the top. Well if a job's worth doing.

yours, Pete

Fred W B

posted on 27/7/07 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I just chained the bottle in the corner of the garage and use a long feed hose with a quick disconect at the welder end.

Okay, I have a full size bottle but it easier to move the welder around without the bottle attached, and you're not tempted to hang your helmet on the regulator all the time.

cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 27/7/07 by Fred W B]

DIY Si

posted on 27/7/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
My garage isn't really big enough to bother making a trolley. I can lift it about quicker that way, as there's not enough space to manoeuvre a usefully sized trolley about!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.