Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dont want to upset the forum
vinnievector

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Dont want to upset the forum

don't want to upset the forum and can see the vision that was pure when this forum first started to provide an information platform for car builders to use ,and so well as it worked to ,but i know if you were to stick us all in the pub tonight at some stage we would get on to the subject of bad service ,its the nature of the beast .and we are a community who like to share there are some great guys on here , many examples of help and people putting them selves out .we don't ask a lot just not to be ripped off and things turn up or on time or we are kept informed its courtesy . Vin .
Hellfire

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Spit it out - but be prepared to suffer the consequences....

Steve

philw

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Have you not already tried this here http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=88789
Hellfire

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
You obviously want to tell us, so just go ahead. You won't be the first and certainly won't be the last, regardless of which manufacturer it is.

Phil

scootz

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I'll start... Porsche are shite!

Wife's had 2 Boxsters and both have had rear main seal failures within the first year after warranty expiration... £900 a pop

Apparently "they all do that sir".

Beat that Mr Kit Car Manufacturer

Triton

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I'll start... Porsche are shite!

Wife's had 2 Boxsters and both have had rear main seal failures within the first year after warranty expiration... £900 a pop

Apparently "they all do that sir".

Beat that Mr Kit Car Manufacturer

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
just name them and to hell with it. As long as you can substantiate what your saying then no problems. Don't be afraid be a man!!

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
One particular supplier (well known to all) decided to leave this forum 'cos its members were always slagging off him and his products.

Looking at the Haynes forum, he got slagged off there too...

...it all goes to show, doesn't it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
your hardly going to upset us all, the topic of 'where hell are my parts!! or ‘He won’t even answer the bloody phone!!' about this mysterious but well all know who it is…supplier of locost parts comes up on this forum about once fortnight!

Truth is we already know but he’d most likely sue the forum administrator I’m sure if something negative was put on a big banner not to buy his stuff.

Hell I nearly bought a kit off him years ago cos his stuff looked really good, but I wouldn’t now do so.

Best we can do is just tell people when the chance appears to go and do a search on the companies name (I think I did that last week on a post)

Buyer beware as they say, do some research before parting with any cash.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macbeast

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Wouldn't the answer be to use the Links button to list suppliers that give GOOD service? Chris could then edit it according to substantiated feedback to him.
JoelP

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
i would have no hesitation to state fact about any transaction linked to kits, or even in general. Ie, i ordered X, was told 2 weeks, no answer for 5 weeks blah blah blah. Facts are... facts.
David Jenkins

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
It is a shame that one particular supplier is currently at the top of the list - it would be much better if the respected firms got the highest ranking. It looks like this forum is endorsing that company.

And as macbeast has suggested, those known to give bad service should be removed from the list, especially when they bad-mouth this forum, never post here, don't pay for trader status, or even pay a small sum to be a contributor.

[Edited on 8/5/08 by David Jenkins]

Johneturbo

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Will someone please tell me, or i won't sleep tonite
mookaloid

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
clue?

Description
Description

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

tegwin

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
I just think its disgusting the company in question keep promising to sort things out and simply are not!..

They keep sending me marketing emails....more and more people are going to fall into this trap..

Come on arron...sort it out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

dave1888

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
How about a sticky the the top of the gts section where purchasers can express there views. Keep it simple and straight to the point.

Danozeman

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
hehehe. TBF a search of the forum would reveal what this particular place is like.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

RK

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
I am sure it isn't just one. The industry has a terrible reputation. For some reason, "Here's a load of cash, I'd like you to send me "X" product" and "sure, it's in the mail" doesn't turn out like that all the time.
blakep82

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
lol anyone else got the email about steering wheels?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tegwin

posted on 9/5/08 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Uhhu.....Problems with supplies of steering whees and laser cutting...LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.