Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fags
kipper

posted on 1/7/08 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
fags

Hasn't it been a good year without the fags in public places. One year today since the stinking fags were baned.
(Ducks for cover)
Kipper

Where did that go?
<<<<

RoadkillUK

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, the pubs round here are loving it, there are no smokers in them ... oh hang on, they're closed .. there's no-one in them.

Nevermind, at least us lepers may smoke at home.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's certainly nice to go home after a Friday night at the pub, without having my clothes stink of ciggy smoke.

Quite a few in my local have given up - the few that remain go out into the pub's forecourt.

owelly

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
I like not having to breath other folks filth and not stinking of ciggy smoke is nice but now all the pubs smell of toilets, stale beer carpets and BO. Bugger...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
My local pub seems busier than ever - it has a lot of live music and many new faces who were put of by the selfish smokers making everyone stink are now going out. My other local is quieter but thats more down to the change of landlord.

Afraid i am not at all prepared to be diplomatic on this subject and am 100% behind the ban. Best thing they have done IMHO

[Edited on 1/7/08 by Paul TigerB6]

Hammerhead

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's great. I get a feeling of smugness when I see the poor addicted smokers standing outside in the cold.
The problem now seems to be fag butts all over the ground, is there a selfishness drug in tobacco smoke?

NigeEss

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
As a non smoker I say bring it back and encourage you smokers.

Our wonderful government are losing huge amounts of revenue from you and they'll keep
hitting me, the motorist harder to compensate.

ReMan

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Also a pleasant side effect for us is that almoest all pubs now have somwhere outdoor, dry and dog friendly when out walking
Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
I totally agree, a lot better for it

It’s so ironic now, that the folk who took it up to be with the in crowd now find themselves all alone in the cold and rain, puffing away in their little drug shelter Mocked at for being so smelly (if only they knew how much)

I worked in many places that the only canteen was thick with smoke, I don’t miss that one bit.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

locogeoff

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Never a better thread title
Agriv8

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss

Our wonderful government are losing huge amounts of revenue from you and they'll keep

As you say they will claw it back one way or another. but least the fag smoke covered the smell of flactulence.

regards

Agriv8

Ex smoker ( for know )

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

stevebubs

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Also a pleasant side effect for us is that almoest all pubs now have somwhere outdoor, dry and dog friendly when out walking

Agreed - all the locals round my way now have nice outside seating areas with decent umbrellas and heating...

chris_smith

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
is it really 12mth that means i havent smoked ......for let me think.........oh yeah 12mth and i feel oh so much better for it
Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss

As you say they will claw it back one way or another. but least the fag smoke covered the smell of flactulence.

regards

Agriv8

Ex smoker ( for know )

do you work in my office? I know the smell from the toilets! gods !

Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/7/08 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Thought you worked in an office full of babes - surely there cant be a flatulence problem there in that case!!

mookaloid

posted on 1/7/08 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Ihave found the smoking ban mildly disappointing - I like pubs again after many years avoiding them because I would come out after just a quick half stinking of cigarette smoke - so it's great that I can go in them again.

I am only disappointed because the smoking in public places ban doesn't include public streets outdoors - it's hard to walk in the street now without having to walk through clouds of smoke from all the people taking the opportunity to kill themselves a bit more in between banned areas.

I think that they should put the tax up on cigarettes so that if 50% of people give up then they should double the tax to make sure the rest of us don't lose out

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:

Thought you worked in an office full of babes - surely there cant be a flatulence problem there in that case!!

women these days...equal rights and all that

quote:
Originally posted by mookaloid
I am only disappointed because the smoking in public places ban doesn't include public streets outdoors - it's hard to walk in the street now without having to walk through clouds of smoke from all the people taking the opportunity to kill themselves a bit more in between banned areas.

Just go up to them and cough in their faces

[Edited on 1/7/08 by Mr Whippy]

locogeoff

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
and the prize for the most self righteous goes to... ?
Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff
and the prize for the most self righteous goes to... ?

...all the smokers who put thousands of non-smokes in an early grave simply because they insisted they had the right to smoke regardless of everyone else?

Benzine

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote

Andi

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Fags

I think we should get prescribed free smokes as an addiction. Like bag/crack heads who have been doing it 25 years and still no closer to quitting.
Oh yeah! then claim sickness benefit and DLA, mug people when we`re short, do the odd bit of burglary and shoplifting. After all, it is a recognized addiction.
Then the state could sell government backed smack and tax em for it `cos they would have to work and prove where their money came from to qualify.

Mmmm an idea lol

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
? WTF is with this rabbit, it's fecking huge!! what's it been smoking?

Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andi
I think we should get prescribed free smokes as an addiction. Like bag/crack heads who have been doing it 25 years and still no closer to quitting.
Oh yeah! then claim sickness benefit and DLA, mug people when we`re short, do the odd bit of burglary and shoplifting. After all, it is a recognized addiction.
Then the state could sell government backed smack and tax em for it `cos they would have to work and prove where their money came from to qualify.

Mmmm an idea lol

Can get loads of treatment to help smokers quit on the NHS already!! Patches, gum, tablets etc, as well as support. Why should the NHS pay for fags for people who wont quit anyway?? Most stupid idea in ages on this site!!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by Andi

Mmmm an idea lol

Can get loads of treatment to help smokers quit on the NHS already!! Patches, gum, tablets etc, as well as support. Why should the NHS pay for fags for people who wont quit anyway?? Most stupid idea in ages on this site!!!

and meant as a joke

Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
and meant as a joke

I'm afraid i have heard so many ridiculous arguments in the past 18 months from unbelievably self centred smokers that i wouldnt believe it was a joke (unless Andi confirms). Having lost 3 grandparents as a result of smoking and having had to avoid smokey places in the past as it affected me when playing semi pro level sport (and yes i could feel the effects of passive smoking on my fitness) i am 100% anti-smoking (so appologies for anyone bothered by my anti-smoking views!! )

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.