He should have been jailed

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

macspeedy

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
THATS JUSTICE FOR YOU
speedyxjs

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote

B*stard

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

eznfrank

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Community service and a 2 month ban - oh yeah, that'll really learn him!!

I bet he's proud of the result!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
I bet his speedo was reading about 120mph

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locogeoff

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
I've read it as a complete licence removal, and a two month ban as an extended retest is required, plus community service, still a bit lenient if others would expect a custodial.
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Hang on...is that not prince Harry?!!

So up to his usual bad behaviour and giving a false name and all

and which Newcastle tarts flat is he dossing out in now?! I'm SHOCKED!!

[Edited on 2/7/08 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phoenix70

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
I am NOT condoning this guys behaviour at all, but it is a bit of a sensational story really.

He was doing 105 in a 70 zone with a temporary speed limit of 30, not as if he was flying through a town with kiddies playing on the pavement.

I work for a company the does a lot of road maintenance and these speed limits are always put in place for a good reason and should be followed for everyones safety, but it is often the case that you see people ingoring them.

Cheers

Scott

r1_pete

posted on 2/7/08 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Fekkin idiot, should have been 2 years, and then retest, at least.

Dangle_kt

posted on 2/7/08 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I think I'd rather have jails full of proper criminals thanks.

Ban him for longer, but having him taking up space in an overcrowded prison is a waste imho.

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/7/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Quite frankly I'm disgusted he never did a flying leap over a pile of sand and not even a small explosion

Mookaloid when are you going to fix this? it seems to be getting worse every time I see it? look it wobbles all over the place!

Description
Description

Mr G

posted on 2/7/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I was expecting to see another news article about a motorway copper testing his new 'toy' like last time - I.e how about 131mph on an A road?

linky

[Edited on 2/7/08 by Mr G]

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/7/08 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr G
I was expecting to see another news article about a motorway copper testing his new 'toy' like last time - I.e how about 131mph on an A road?

linky

[Edited on 2/7/08 by Mr G]

ah but the police are allowed to do that cos their trained guru's and have reations like Neo seeing everything in soooommmmooooo even dodge bullets

loggyboy

posted on 2/7/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
I got worse for driving a Goped on the road
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 2/7/08 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Motorways should be delimited anyway, why should zee chermans have all the fun!! And they've got the £$%^^&* Nordschliefe as well

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Guinness

posted on 2/7/08 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Suppose I'd better comment, saying as the idiot lives less than a mile from me.

The road in question is the Coast Road, a 4 mile long dead straight dual carriageway that runs from Newcastle out to Tynemouth. It is normally a derestricted 70 zone, but as has been said there is a temporary 30 mph restriction due to the road works.

But this isn't a normal set of roadworks where you see miles and miles of cones and no-one working. They are replacing the bridge underneath the dual carriageway, between 2 junctions less than 1/3 mile apart. This means you have a slip road joining a dual carriageway, which immediately becomes a contraflow, where all four lanes are squeezed onto one side of the carriageway, which then comes back to normal, then there is another slip road. All of this happens in 300 yards or so.

What this kid did was criminal. He had no way out if something had gone wrong. If he'd crossed through the contraflow, he would have had a head on collision at a closing speed of 135mph! If he's gone left he'd be through a set of barriers, down an embankment and into the compound the road builders are using. If he'd gone right he'd be trying a Dukes of Hazard style leap, onto the railway tracks below.

I'm afraid stupid doesn't even come close.

And as usual, the sentence handed out doesn't seem to even act as a deterrent to others, let a lone a punishment to the individual offender.

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.