Board logo

Bird Strike / Windscreen or Helmet
Guinness - 26/7/05 at 03:04 PM

How fast do you think he was going here then?

Surprisingly enough no photos of the drivers seat base, I suspect you'd find a large brown stain?

Mike

mookaloid - 26/7/05 at 03:38 PM

EEEEEK!!!

JohnN - 26/7/05 at 04:00 PM

120mph?????

Peteff - 26/7/05 at 04:16 PM

I don't know how fast he was going but it looks like it was a bit unpleasant for the poor pheasant. It's easier to kill them with a shotgun and a lot less messy. Does that qualify him as a pheasant plucker now?

Petemate - 26/7/05 at 06:07 PM

I would get serious now, and say that is a good case for wearing a full-face helmet in a car without a screen.....

rusty nuts - 26/7/05 at 06:27 PM

Looks like a good reason for wearing a helmet in a car with a screen as well !

Winston Todge - 26/7/05 at 06:55 PM

Seriously though even if that hit you with a helmet on, your head would turn to mush... Wouldn't it?

hector - 26/7/05 at 08:14 PM

Dont be silly, birds cant fly at 120mph!!

I hit a bird (big bird of prey) whilst riding my fireblade a couple of years ago, i was doin approx 70 mph and F*;CK ME it hurt, I thought it just caught me arm, so rode on to WIndy ridge and checked it out- it completely wiped out the top fairing and mirror and screen on one side and reaaly hurt me arm.
Seriously now If that had hit my lid i would not be writing this now.

ps dont know if anyone else agrees but bird guts absolutely STINK!!

scutter - 26/7/05 at 08:51 PM

I can agree bird guts stink, especially when cleaned out of an aircraft LP compressor,

Also saw the damage a goose made to a C130 herc at 250knots, a 3" deep depression in the upper cabin, no sign of the goose tho(scared the shit out of the captain as he could see it coming at the last minute)

Atb dan.

Chris_R - 26/7/05 at 10:43 PM

Sure it's not a stick on novelty? You know, like those Garfield arses that you can get to hang out you grille.

Richard Y - 27/7/05 at 10:13 AM

theres no marks on the out side of the car.... fair dos to the guy for keeping the damn thing on the road!!! i would have swevered left through the rails off the cliff and burst into a toasty afterlife

Sideways - 28/7/05 at 08:38 AM

bet he had a long bath! yuk, bird guts must take ages to get out of your hair!!!