Board logo

zx9r c1 or c2 loom
JoelP - 6/4/07 at 06:59 PM

just wondering if the loom on a c1 is the same as a c2? I need a full one plus all the bits. cheers!

cossiebri - 6/4/07 at 07:10 PM

Just had a look and the haynes manual lists just the 'c', doesn't say 1 or 2
wotcha building joel?
I've just ordered another loom off fleabay,only cost me £25
once i've sorted it out (it has a datatool alarm on it) your welcome to your old one back!
if you want

JoelP - 6/4/07 at 07:20 PM

hi bri! Im cracking on with the next one now that the trailer is out of the way (i was tempted to chuck it down the embankment, but thats another story! ) Just need to get a few things organised. Ive spotted a cheap one on ebay that should do the trick - i think its best i start from fresh rather than chop a loom up twice! Are you back on the road yet?!

roadrunner - 6/4/07 at 07:45 PM

Just been working my zx9r c loom out ,with the help of the Haynes manual, it just lists the C and D type the same, with extra bits for the US market.

cossiebri - 6/4/07 at 08:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Are you back on the road yet?!

Not quite yet, but i'm getting there hopefully will be in the next week or so...
(thought i only needed a few bits and bobs,but spent around £750 ) i 'needed' the carbon fibre cycle wings etc

[Edited on 6/4/07 by cossiebri]

cossiebri - 6/4/07 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
Just been working my zx9r c loom out ,with the help of the Haynes manual, it just lists the C and D type the same, with extra bits for the US market.

I think it was coozer on here who has got a really useful downloadable wiring diagram, i did have it but cannot find where i put it on the pc, tried to scan the print out but no good at all sorry

JoelP - 6/4/07 at 08:34 PM

ive got the zx9 c loom in my archive, i suppose im more asking if the connectors are the same. I'll give it a go anyway!

Alistair - 7/4/07 at 08:58 AM

The loom is essentially the same although some of the plugs/connectors are different.