Board logo

Wanted - Zetec water rail
adrianreeve - 3/12/09 at 11:47 PM

Does anyone have a water rail for a silvertop zetec they want to sell?

Cheers

Adrian

hughpinder - 4/12/09 at 08:28 AM

I may have one- cant remember what condition it was in - if it was rusty I will have binned it. If no -one else replies I'll have a look in the bits corner tonight (from a P reg mondeo 2.0)

Regards
Hugh

HOL - 4/12/09 at 08:59 AM

Do you mean a Raceline one?

They do come up, but rarely.

If you cant fine one you could always plumb in the Zetec in the Tiger way and run a pipe, or a long straight of hose down the side of the engine bay.

http://www.tigerracing.com/catalogue/product_info.php?products_id=88

£22.00 - so much cheaper and available.

I hope steve does not mind his picture being used.

Danozeman - 4/12/09 at 09:53 AM

Mines like the one above. Do you want to get rid of the thermostat housing for clearnace or something? i know alot of people have fitted the raceline thing and took it off as it was causing problems.

[Edited on 4/12/09 by Danozeman]

austin man - 4/12/09 at 12:04 PM

Have fitted two zetecs neither needed the stat housing removes and have plumbed both with a long section of pipe as above

coozer - 4/12/09 at 04:53 PM

I had a rail on mine when I built it, tons of overheating/cooling problems// put the original thermostat on and its rock solid.. one 45 bend and a ali pipe up to the radiator, warms up correctly and sits at 90 degrees all day as Ford OEM...
This allows the OEM equipment and bypass to be plumbed in properly.. here it is just now while the exhausts off

I bent it over my knee to get past the exhaust thats why its got a few ripples in it
32mm ali aerial pole from B&Q £8

[Edited on 4/12/09 by coozer]

adrianreeve - 4/12/09 at 05:03 PM

Thanks for the replies chaps, looks like I won't bother then! I thought clearance would e a problem at the rear of the engine bay, but apparetly not.

Cheers

Adrian