Board logo

Where to get clear anti stone chip stuff
bob tatt - 26/8/12 at 06:54 PM

Im after some clear anti stone chip film for the rear bumper of my van.
This all came about due to a nice woman hitting it this week and now it needs a new rear
Bumper which is colour coded but has a fair few scratches from work. So when the newly painted one goes on I wàs going
to get some film to protect it. Only problem is I can't remember what it's called I think 3m make it.
So if anyone knows what it's called and where's the best place to get it that would be great
Thanks in advance rob

flibble - 26/8/12 at 07:09 PM

Helicopter_Tapes?

Daddylonglegs - 26/8/12 at 07:47 PM

That'll do the trick

If you know anyone in the forces it might be handy

We used to use 'Blade Tape' on the Search & Rescue helicopter blades, and they whizz along a lot quicker than any van I can assure you so would be well suitable for what you need.

bob tatt - 26/8/12 at 08:01 PM

Cheers guys that looks spot on for what a want, I've got a mate that services choppers so I'll ask him. Failing that what sort of price is it for a 6 inch by 36 foot roll

balidey - 26/8/12 at 09:11 PM

apparently mountain bikers use copter tape to protect their expensive frames, so worth looking on MTB websites for it.

matt_gsxr - 26/8/12 at 09:30 PM

e-bay for "helicopter tape" seems to deliver a few options.

PeteS2k - 27/8/12 at 07:54 AM

http://www.premierpaintguard.co.uk/index.html

bob tatt - 27/8/12 at 08:37 AM

thanks everyone i had a search last night and there is loads on ebay and its cheap enough, it never ceases to amaze me the knowledge on this site.
rob