Board logo

Now that's a cage ! - one for the Landrover fans
Wheels244 - 1/4/12 at 10:52 PM

One for the Landrover fans - I've just fitted the 6 point cage.

blakep82 - 1/4/12 at 10:59 PM

want!

austin man - 1/4/12 at 11:33 PM

you sure that bend on the front is up to it Lol. The roll cage police we be posting soon. I take it the Landie is going to be used for som serious stuff.

NigeEss - 2/4/12 at 01:13 AM

Much as I love Landies and my 90 would be the last vehicle to go I just don't like
external cages.
I know they are hugely practical off road but they're not for me.......Sorry

Agriv8 - 2/4/12 at 07:10 AM

is that a 'performance protection' one by any chance ?

very

regards

agriv8

vyperstrype - 2/4/12 at 12:09 PM

I bet it creates a lot of wind noise and vibration after about 40mph. I had a roofrack on a Berlingo Van and that was loud.

Agriv8 - 2/4/12 at 12:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vyperstrype
I bet it creates a lot of wind noise and vibration after about 40mph. I had a roofrack on a Berlingo Van and that was loud.

it a Landy Speeds greater than 40mph requires a BIG tail wind so you wont get much wind noise

regards

Agriv8

Apollo1600 - 2/4/12 at 05:09 PM

Wish i had the money!

Wheels244 - 2/4/12 at 06:52 PM

Nige - horses for courses and all that, I wanted to retain it's (limited) room inside. I just wanted some protection for if ( when ?) I go over in it.

I don't think even the cage police could fault this one

Ian - close, but not a P&P one, it's a Northern OffRoad one - very similar.
And you're right - wind noise is the least of my worries - tdi engine, 2 gearboxes/propshafts/diffs and off road tyres create wonderful harmonics of their own

bi22le - 2/4/12 at 07:00 PM

Work of art.

Regarding bends at the front. Yeah it may be weakER but I doubt very much that front section is going to fold back with all that other support!!

Now drive it like you stole it!!

Agriv8 - 4/4/12 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Wheels244
Nige - horses for courses and all that, I wanted to retain it's (limited) room inside. I just wanted some protection for if ( when ?) I go over in it.

I don't think even the cage police could fault this one

Ian - close, but not a P&P one, it's a Northern OffRoad one - very similar.
And you're right - wind noise is the least of my worries - tdi engine, 2 gearboxes/propshafts/diffs and off road tyres create wonderful harmonics of their own

Who is making the Northern of road one ?

Are you going to compete in some of the NORC events ? That takes me back to life before wife and Children spannering and co driving a Robin Clarkson Warrior and Welsh Hill rally events *Ahhh* Happy Days the photo is still on the wall behind my Desk

Regards

Agriv8

Steve Hignett - 4/4/12 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
want!

Need LOL

Oh one day, when Jojo's (2yrs atm) all grow'd up

ps - any bigger/better photos?

[Edited on 4/4/12 by Steve Hignett]