Board logo

OT: Forza 3 is coming.... (any other closet gamers on here?)
paul the 6th - 15/9/09 at 08:23 PM

Not really that into games any more but I still play forza 2 (the greatest driving game ever).

Forza 3 is out on October 23rd, just wondered if anyone else is gonna be ordering it in? or am I just a delinquent juvenile with my silly little video games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaF3HZBwBA

Jubal - 15/9/09 at 09:09 PM

You are not alone. I have one of these for some sofa based action:

paul the 6th - 15/9/09 at 09:42 PM

wowzah - what's it like? Is the driving position ok?

I'm 6ft 2 so might struggle with a setup like that

mistergrumpy - 15/9/09 at 09:54 PM

Yep I'll be getting it along with C.O.D. 5. Fantastic games.

200mph - 15/9/09 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Yep I'll be getting it along with C.O.D. 5. Fantastic games.

COD6!!!!

Got Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 last night about ten past midnight and it rocks! Think I'll get bored quite soon though so prolly trade it in against the aforementioned COD.

Jubal - 15/9/09 at 10:03 PM

It's great. Very stable. I'm the same height as you and large with it. Plenty of adjustment in the thing even for big 'uns. I guess they know all too well that their target market for 100 quid's worth of steering wheel stand is going to be adults.

Link: http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

Ninehigh - 15/9/09 at 10:24 PM

Found a PS2 behind the sofa looking lonely. As soon as I find Gran Turismo 4 I'll be back into games

Staple balls - 15/9/09 at 10:35 PM

ooh, I might have to pick up an xbox for that, still a serious lack of good racing games on the PC

iscmatt - 15/9/09 at 10:55 PM

i'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5 with al the GT Glory from before plus the likes of Nascar and WRC (More interested in the WRC aspect than Nascar but up for any challenge!) When it comes out (supposed to december but who knows!!) i'll be getting the Logitech G25 to go with it

Really lloking forward to COD - modern warfare 2 too!! Looks amazing. Dirt 2 looks a little X Games for me and basically an upgraded GRID - which i already have so i wont be bothering with that- just wait for the WRC aspect in GT5!

hobbsy - 16/9/09 at 12:42 AM

I'd better hurry up and finish Forza 2 then!

Don't get much time to play games any more

Would like another Project Gotham as well though - any more rumours about that?

Nice setup Jubal - I'd love a G25 but don't play enough to justify the expense or space to store it!

deezee - 16/9/09 at 07:10 AM

I love Forza 2. Not fond of the endurance races and I always put heavy restrictions when hosting multiplayer, to put off all the jerks who can't drive. Looking forward to the rewind feature. Nothing annoyed me more than being on the final lap and smashing the car, then having to do the whole race again

paul the 6th - 16/9/09 at 10:04 AM

quote:
Nothing annoyed me more than being on the final lap and smashing the car, then having to do the whole race again

that's part of the charm with forza - you actually have to be able to drive in order to make money & further your career... Gran Turismo, as much as I loved gt2 and gt3, you could just plough into the other cars/walls of the track and end up in front without any penalties....

I've been sneaking on forza 2 at every opportunity over the last 4-6 weeks, even the missus is excited about forza 3 coming! we have multiplayer sessions in the following formats: Regular race, chase the race, cops & robbers (I've got a fully modded volvo with police graphics).

It's gonna be epic.

Reckon it might be worthwhile creating a running list of xbox live gamertag's so we can all hook up and enjoy our silly little video games together?

[Edited on 16/9/09 by paul the 6th]

Davey D - 16/9/09 at 12:02 PM

Why would someone be a closet gamer? Its a great way to pass some time. Me, and a group of friends meet up online every Thursday for some Gears of War 2 goodness

Davey D - 16/9/09 at 12:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th

Reckon it might be worthwhile creating a running list of xbox live gamertag's so we can all hook up and enjoy our silly little video games together?

Im up for This. The more people the better. should we start a new thread?

Marcus - 16/9/09 at 12:07 PM

I'm not a closet gamer, I game regularly mainly Dirt, Battlefield2142 and lately left 4 dead. Can't wait for GT5, but just read a review on GT5 for the psp.....not too good.
I'm 46 BTW but who cares

Ninehigh - 16/9/09 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Why would someone be a closet gamer

Sometimes it's the only place you can be left undisturbed for long enough to play properly. I should get it all set up in the garage

repper - 26/9/09 at 06:07 PM

ive never been in to cames huch but two year back i got given an old PS2 for kids to use from a frend that was upgrading to a PS3 any way it came with GT4 and i must admit i was hucked but after meny a night got to 87.4 % pomplet and my bag off talant was empty and ive not been able to advance sine

Ninehigh - 27/9/09 at 07:52 AM

Lol I was like that with GT3, had the 4th one but I've not found out who borrowed it...

mistergrumpy - 27/9/09 at 10:46 AM

Anyone playing the Forza 3 demo? The graphics are very smooth but the game play and controls are different. More of the screen shows the background and so the track is smaller meaning you really have to concentrate. I can't make my mind up if it's an improvement in the playability?

neilj37 - 4/10/09 at 01:34 PM

Playing need for speed : shift at the moment, gameplay is really good and driving experience is quite realistic. Anyone else got this and fancies a race

My gamertag is neilj37 if you want to add me.

MikeRJ - 4/10/09 at 03:07 PM

Is there anything like the original box classic RalliSport Challenge for the 360? It was one of the most entertaining and playable games ever, used to play it for hours with a friend when I had the old xbox hooked up to my projector. I find a lot of the modern rally games just aren't so much fun, even though graphics etc are far better.

mistergrumpy - 20/10/09 at 10:28 AM

Forza 3 has now been despatched
Got it from the Game website for £35, they weren't sure on the exact price in their shop but wanted £45! The website says that if there's any doubt over delivery they'll send it special delivery, guaranteed on the doorstep for release date. Woo hoo.

mistergrumpy - 21/10/09 at 09:29 AM

It's here! Just dropped through the door and I've to leave for work in half an hour Don't finish until 10 tonight either, it's going to be along shift!

paul the 6th - 22/10/09 at 11:22 AM

But its not out til tomorrow you sod?! I've reserved a copy to collect at game tomorrow but I won't be able to go til about 6-7pm ish... might try my luck at tesco extra at midnight tonight

mistergrumpy - 22/10/09 at 11:37 AM

Brrmmm, brrmmm! I think it's because of the postal strikes and wanting to get the games out on time.
TBH I've been playing it a bit now and it's much like a new VW Golf. A bit shinier than the last one but not very different at all.

paul the 6th - 22/10/09 at 11:43 AM

is it any different to the demo they released?

the handling of the cars in the demo seemed alot "heavier" and "arcade" style than forza 2 for which all the cars had different feel & handling styles...

OX - 22/10/09 at 04:23 PM

i love forza but i'd sell my xbox to buy a ps3 when gt5 comes out ,,all the other gran turismo games have been fantastic .
do like toca on the pc tho

Jubal - 22/10/09 at 06:25 PM

quote:
is it any different to the demo they released?

the handling of the cars in the demo seemed alot "heavier" and "arcade" style than forza 2 for which all the cars had different feel & handling styles...

Do you have a wheel? I played with the controller last night for 10 mins and it was awful. The steering seemed canned, very slow. I'm going to try with the wheel tonight which was great with the demo, different between cars etc.

Please feel free to add me to your list anyone - Jubal99

Ninehigh - 22/10/09 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by OX
i love forza but i'd sell my xbox to buy a ps3 when gt5 comes out ,,all the other gran turismo games have been fantastic .
do like toca on the pc tho

Gran Turismo 5 will be out 4th december. And after all the Forza adverts I find this out in ARGOS FFS!

locogeoff - 22/10/09 at 07:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
ooh, I might have to pick up an xbox for that, still a serious lack of good racing games on the PC

Yer havin a laugh mate!

Have you ever played Grand Prix Legends, admittedly graphically poor these days but completely anal in the simulation stakes, or more modern stuff rFactor is sublime.

I have to admit to having a permanently set up G25, a fully adjustable drivers seat from an MR2, and a projector instead of a screen.

It's no wonder my locost is taking years to progress.

mistergrumpy - 22/10/09 at 10:36 PM

The game is eactly the same as the demo they launched, even playing hat exact emo as part of your progression. It just seems to lack a little of the rawness and there's a skill level where it will even do the braking for you leaving you only to steer. I still think it's better than the Gran Turismo games, just very similar to the old game.

cloudy - 22/10/09 at 10:40 PM

NFS:Shift with all aids turned off is far more realistic..

James

mistergrumpy - 22/10/09 at 10:54 PM

I've the demo for NFS and although it's a good game I don't find it realistic in the slightest. Strange eh?

jeffw - 23/10/09 at 04:27 AM

PC games

Simulators
Live for Speed
rFactor
GTR2 (or anything by SimBin)
Grand Prix Legends
Richard Burns Racing

Arcade
NFS series
Anything by Codemasters (CMR, Fuel, Toca, GRID)
Test Drive

paul the 6th - 23/10/09 at 08:27 AM

hmmmm I'm miffed about the handling now

one of the appeals with Forza 1 & 2 was the handling. Somehow the developers made dynamics of the cars come to life, so an audi r8 is a bit heavy and a swine unless you get it oversteering slightly, where as the peugeot 206 wrc car handles great for the missus cos it's not too fast and she can throw it around...

I jumped on the demo and the steering felt crap for all of the cars. Really sedate & slow...

It did make me wonder whether the handling has changed so dramatically because of the added abilitiy to completely roll & destroy the cars...

Having said all that, I can't wait to have a blast in the scirocco, the porsche cayenne turbo, the lotus evora and the bugatti veyron

[Edited on 23/10/09 by paul the 6th]

t.j. - 23/10/09 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls

I still like LFS. But there is no locostbuilders section anymore. www.lfs.net

Jubal - 23/10/09 at 01:33 PM

quote:
hmmmm I'm miffed about the handling now

I jumped on the demo and the steering felt crap for all of the cars. Really sedate & slow...

It's only with a controller. It seems they have made the steering much slower by default with the controller. Go lock to lock when stationary and see. I didn't bother hunting thru menus to see if it can be fixed in the profile, I just plugged my wheel in and all is back to normal handling wise.

paul the 6th - 24/10/09 at 03:21 PM

I've just about gotten used to using a controller - played with the steering wheel last night for about half an hour but my back started hurting as I'd mounted it to the coffee table.

Think one of them wheelstandpro's from the 1st page of this thread will do the trick (It's due for dispatch on monday!)

mistergrumpy - 29/10/09 at 10:09 AM

What's the concensus then?
For me, I have to say that I prefer Forza 2. 3 just seems to lack any rawness to it and credits and upgrades are too easy to obtain. I've over a million now easily and have a stack of cars. I have to say that I can only play it for half hour slots because I keep falling to sleep Waited so long for it too. Roll on C.O.D.!

paul the 6th - 29/10/09 at 03:40 PM

It's nice to have all the new cars

I've never turned any of the aids off before (ABS/Traction Control/Stability management) - it's much more challenging & realistic if you turn them off - but you win extra money so speeds the game up even more.

It's good with the wheel but I still need to get used to it - easier said than done as work has kicked off big time this week! I've not been this busy for quite a while!