Board logo

how does this radiator position look?
hellbent345 - 5/6/09 at 09:37 PM

how does this rad position look? too high....?

Thanks Al

omega0684 - 5/6/09 at 09:48 PM

i wish i could get mine to sit like that! but my steering rack is in the way!

Hellfire - 5/6/09 at 09:51 PM

Looks too high to me..................

Phil

Mark G - 5/6/09 at 09:56 PM

Looks high to me too. I struggled to fit mine under the nose properly. Best to temporarily fit the nose and then get the rad in about the right place then fit it and fine tune later in the build.

big_wasa - 5/6/09 at 10:11 PM

A bit high.

mine

MautoK - 5/6/09 at 10:55 PM

...and another!

MK / Pinto / Polo rad

Nearside:
Rad nearside
Rad nearside

Offside:
Rad offside
Rad offside

Front:
Front without nosecone
Front without nosecone

HTH
John.

James - 5/6/09 at 11:08 PM

I would have said the more central you can get the rad' to the middle of the nosecone hole the better... just to get better airflow.

But that makes it harder with the lower rad hose so I wouldn't worry too much.

Looking at the pics though has just inspired me to realise that the four front mounting holes in the rad would be perfect to mount the 'wind guides' to prevent air getting around my radiator! Hmmm.

Cheers,
James

Steve Hignett - 5/6/09 at 11:27 PM

I can't prove it with photo's as the others have above, but I also think it might be too high - having said that, I also think that it might be just about OK for your average Roadster etc

ATB (hope I haven't misguided!)

Steve

02GF74 - 6/6/09 at 10:10 AM

as low as poss to keep CofG low but position depends on whether you can get teh plumbing connected and if you can fit the nosecone.

there is no radiator cap hence no need to keep it as high as possible to avoid air locks since you'll have to use expansion tank.

ashg - 6/6/09 at 01:04 PM

looks ok to me.

this is my clio rad mounted on my roadster chassis. my clio rad looks much bigger than the polo one.