Board logo

Engine Dimensions
Tigger - 2/6/04 at 03:20 PM

Somebody must be able to help me?
I'm looking for Dimesions for the Ford CVH engine - 1600 AND 1800 versions. This is for my website comparison chart.

I've searched the web from Top to bottom but nobody seems to be able to use a tape measure - Doh!

I know there are plenty of techy people out there so can anybody do me a favour and measure one for me PLEASE :-)

Chris_R - 2/6/04 at 08:57 PM

The cylinder head off my 1600 is about 450mm x 230mm. Unfortunately the head's all I've got hidden under the kitchen table and it'll be a couple of weeks until it's all in one bit. If you're still looking then, give me a shout.

Plenty of photo's of it at http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/engine.htm though.

Cheers,

Chris.

[Edited on 2/6/04 by Chris_R]

Tigger - 2/6/04 at 09:18 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris, I may take you up on that offer.
Hope you get your car together in time for the summer ;-)

Tigger

Chris_R - 2/6/04 at 10:10 PM

It would be nice, but it's prolly gonna be summer 2006. Need to get the engine and box together to map the tranny tunnel and engine mounts, so will drop you a mail when I do. May be able to give you a rough idea of engine size without ancillaries before then if that’s any good?

Tigger - 2/6/04 at 10:18 PM

Yeah if you could chris, it's just that I have put together a comparison list for the popular 4 cyl engines for the seven type car with details of weight, dimensions and tuning etc and the only engine I can't find info on is the perishing CVH?
Any help would be appreciated.

what I need is the complete length from front to back (inc pulley's) and complete height at it's highest point.

Cheers for your help

Tigger

Chris_R - 2/6/04 at 10:35 PM

will be up at the garage this Sat. Will see what I can do.