Board logo

zetec
alawrence - 18/10/10 at 10:31 PM

ok. if i get a new zetec 2.0
what will i need to get it to fit in terms of fuel system/ignition system..
most economic design that will pass iva/sva
a list of parts with costs would be good...oh and a magic wand if you have one

Madinventions - 19/10/10 at 01:07 AM

Using a standard Ford ECU and injection system from the scrappy would be the most economic... Make sure to get the keys, immobiliser transponder, ECU and wiring loom, and then it's pretty much a straight transplant. the real benefit of this method is that you won't need a rolling road session to set it up because the Ford eec-v ECU's tune themselves as you drive. Several of us have done this now, and it works very well. Pics of my Puma setup are in my photo archive.

You can always upgrade to an Omex/Megasquirt/Emerald and throttle bodies later on after IVA, and you want to get some more power?

Ed.

[Edited on 19/10/10 by Madinventions]

alawrence - 19/10/10 at 05:58 AM

I understood the Ford ECU would not fit...
Is this an ECU from an older model ?
If so what year
Many thanks

RichN - 19/10/10 at 06:57 AM

I did this in my Riot using a 1997 P-reg Fiesta. It is a 1.25 Zetec-SE which is a different to a 2.0 Zetec but theoretically the concept is the same. Like Ed says you must ensure that you get the keys because they have a chip in them to deactivate the immobiliser, you also need the PATS receiver which on the Fiesta fits around the ignition barrell.

If you have a donor car then you can take your time in removing the ECU and wiring making sure that you label EVERYTHING.

big_wasa - 19/10/10 at 05:37 PM

First of what are you putting it in ? if you can move the brace over if there is one and fit the standard manifold in its just a case of using an extra bearing to get the steering down link down to the column.

Another builders.
Description
Description

Ive made my own manifold. You then need an engine loom and ecu with keys.

Its not a job for some one that doesnt like wiring though.

mine

[Edited on 19/10/10 by big_wasa]