Originally posted by rashandnige
got chance of a low mile 1.8 zetec
1/ running it on injection.... got room +442
2/ wiring it up
3/ starter as it will be on type 9 box
4/ is there a loom available
any views welcome...
cheers

1)Running on standard injection is certainly possible. Westfield have done it in some of their zetec engined versions.
2)Wiring it up - don't know, I was using carbs and dunnell ecu - extremely simple.
3)Starter - I used a sierra pinto starter spaced so that the 'throw' of the starter is compatible with the zetec flywheel and ring gear. We thought this was a bit of a bodge and weren't very proud of it. We susequently learned that this is quite a common and well known working solution.
4) Loom - depends on whether or not you are going with standard injection. On the basis that westfield have done it as mentioned above, then there must be a loom - I'm sure they didn't use a hacked mondeo loom. Is the loom generally available ? Seriously doubt it.

My recommendation ? Go for carbs if truly looking for a 'locost' solution. Throttle bodies if not looking to be 'locost'. Ignition - EDIS module with MegaJoltLiteJunior. No doubt about it. All of the functionality of dunnell or similar ignition only solutions for a 10th of the price.
By keeping standard injection, you are opting for less power. Not a choice you would honestly want to make - surely

SeaBass - 26/6/04 at 03:55 PM

Zilspeed's certainly on the case but just to add:

3) Starter - you can use a 2l DOHC sierra starter this fits perfectly.

More info at:
http://www.zetec-cat.co.uk/
http://www.zetecinside.com

Cheers
JC

nige - 26/6/04 at 05:19 PM

thanks boys
on the power comment im
not going racing , so if i could use the stock injection i would hopefully get
good reliability,and an injected 1.8 16v should give more than a pinto since its
not pushing a lardy arsed mondeo round