Board logo

VERY helpful supplier of Jenvey (and other) stuff!!
NS Dev - 1/2/05 at 06:08 PM

Just bought some Jenvey (the throttle body manufacturers) stuff through a chap called Martin Fox, who runs MEF Motorsport.

He was extremely helpful when he didn't really need to be, and sorted the stuff out mega quickly (3 days from first vague enquiry to getting the stuff on my doorstep!)and cheaper than I could get it direct from Jenvey, so I thought he was worth a mention on here.

So nice to have really impressive service for once!!!!

email is mef@mefmotorsport.com

NS Dev - 1/2/05 at 06:09 PM

.....and he answers emails too, also nice for a change!!

zetec - 1/2/05 at 06:31 PM

Do they have a web site?

stevebubs - 1/2/05 at 06:46 PM

um ... I'm guessing ...www.mefmotorsport.com but not a lot there at the moment.

NS Dev - 1/2/05 at 06:46 PM

Not as far as I know, no. Just ring up or email though, he seems to be able to get hold of most things motorsport related, and with the Jenvey stuff, he can get anything they list on their website cheaper than their list prices.

cidersurfer - 1/2/05 at 07:33 PM

A mate of mine has used Martin and can't praise him highly enough

FOSSIE - 1/2/05 at 07:43 PM

I'll second that, i bought my throttle bodies, bits, and DTA system from Martin - excellent service. I've never managed to get from him exactly what he does for DTA! But he was on their stand at the Autosport show, answering questions. He's also very handy at anything electronic.

NS Dev - 1/2/05 at 10:41 PM

He's not the chap who built the "Rovaru" RWD Rover rally car with the XE engine a good few years back is he????

Just that the name rings a bell and I see he refers to a RWD Rover on his website. We used to be up against a RWD XE powered Rover in the BTRDA stage rallies in the late 90's/early 00's??????????????????

ned - 2/2/05 at 09:42 AM

I've seen martin post a lot on the racecar forums, I got my direct to head qed bodies off there, but luckily they were a bit cheaper than his due to them being second hand, even though never fitted and completely unused!

Ned.

Chris Green - 2/2/05 at 12:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
He's not the chap who built the "Rovaru" RWD Rover rally car with the XE engine a good few years back is he????

Just that the name rings a bell and I see he refers to a RWD Rover on his website. We used to be up against a RWD XE powered Rover in the BTRDA stage rallies in the late 90's/early 00's??????????????????

Yes, thats him.