Board logo

Clutch bearing size
coozer - 7/4/07 at 08:21 PM

I have installed my zetec engine gearbox and type 9 and i find the clutch pedal goes all the way down without disconnecting the clutch.

So, zetec engine, 1.8 flywheel, mondeo 1.6 clutch, capri release bearing, type 9 gearbox.

I think it may be the release bearing, so does anyone have dimensions diagram for the bearing so I can work out if its actually a Capri one please?

Steve xx

[Edited on 7/4/07 by coozer]

SeaBass - 7/4/07 at 08:45 PM

I've fitted a CCT303 release bearing with 2.0 flywheel and clutch and this seems to work well - as in i can release the clutch and select gears and the clutch will drive the engine upon pushing. This maybe no help at all to you.

paulf - 7/4/07 at 08:57 PM

I have the same setup and have found that the clutch seems to disengage with the pedal right at the floor, I havent got it running yet so dont know if it will be ok to use, but have heard of people using spacers on the release bearing or a capri release bearing which is longer.
Paul.

snapper - 8/4/07 at 08:01 AM

Burton Performance do a range of release bearings, be aware of the flat face and round face variants.
Their Technical help people are very helpfull, worth a call.

Dusty - 8/4/07 at 10:40 AM

Capri release bearing dimensions below. Rescued attachment capriclutch.jpg
Rescued attachment capriclutch.jpg

coozer - 8/4/07 at 11:59 AM

Cheers Dusty, just what I was after. I'll be lifting the engine out this afternoon to measure it