Board logo

sssshhh dont tell the wife
Johnmor - 9/11/07 at 02:08 PM

Tried cleaning my cylinder head with the usual, hyperclean(good stuff), paraffin and petrol etc, proved to be difficult . So i used alloy wheel cleaner, took a lot of the carbon depsoits off but still left a few bits to deal with.

So , i though what about rinsing of the alloy cleaner with hot soapy water.
The dishwasher has a pretty good rinse cyle with very hot water, so why not.
Wifes at work she'll never know.

Voilą! Clean as a pin!!.

Dale - 9/11/07 at 02:13 PM

No biggy. I baked the high temp paint on my engine head and intakes in the oven. Then I am lucky that my wife is very understanding.
Dale

Guinness - 9/11/07 at 02:17 PM

02GF74 - 9/11/07 at 02:21 PM

you'd had better have the flowers and chocolates on standby. they have a sixth sense that we cannot even begin to understand.

Agriv8 - 9/11/07 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
you'd had better have the flowers and chocolates on standby. they have a sixth sense that we cannot even begin to understand.

Yup scary isnt it.

I would run it through another cycle just to remove any deposits / smells

regards

Iain

twybrow - 9/11/07 at 02:34 PM

She will know. She will wait until the oppurtune moment and spring it on you when your are weak and defenseless. How the hel do they do it.

I have an awful probelm with biting my finger nails (gross I know). The Mrs knows when I am thinking of biting, long before I actually do it. The other day, she even told me what I was about to think, before I had even thought it. They know too much - it scares me.

locoR1 - 9/11/07 at 02:58 PM

No comment she looks on this Forum

Dave.........

jamesalx - 9/11/07 at 02:58 PM

You no it's going to happen, you'll be having a fight and you'll think your winning and BANG!

I put it to you that back on November the 9th 2007 at 12:01pm you put your dirty engine parts in my dishwash!!

jabbahutt - 9/11/07 at 03:12 PM

no chance of getting to use the indoor appliances for car stuff since i got caught using spare bedding for covering the car to stop the fibreglass dust etc getting everywhere pleading ignorance that i thought it was not used anymore didn't cut the mustard!!

still paying for it now, hopefully not long until I'm forgiven

The Baron - 9/11/07 at 03:42 PM

I cleaned my Alloy sump in the disher, came up lovely

speedyxjs - 9/11/07 at 03:57 PM

I will remember all this for when i need engine parts cleaning. If my mum says anything il do what all guys my age do and just say whatever

BenB - 9/11/07 at 03:59 PM

I used my angle grinder in my kitchen (it was where my workbench was ) to grind 20mm off the top of my cast metal airbox... You certainly didn't need sixth sense to know that had happened!!! I wasn't single at the time but surprisingly was soon afterwards

coozer - 9/11/07 at 05:13 PM

I bought a nice shiny second hand RM125 a number of decades ago and wheeled into the bedroom through the patio door.

Woke up the next morning choking on Castrol R fumes and a nice oil slick on the carpet.

The bike went back to the shop!

thebull - 9/11/07 at 05:24 PM

theres some very brave people on this forum.

DaveFJ - 9/11/07 at 05:25 PM

I waited til swmbo had gone out then used the dishwasher to clean my header tank

NeilP - 9/11/07 at 07:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thebull
theres some very brave people on this forum.

Definition of a brave man: Stumbling home at 2AM, roaring drunk, clothes askew, covered in lipstick and stinking of perfume. Leering at the wife and as slapping her on the ar$e, slurring, "...your turn next, Fatty."

David Jenkins - 9/11/07 at 07:48 PM

I remember a classic cartoon from quite a few years back...

Imagine if you will a classic American bar - one man with his head bent onto his arms, sobbing his eyes out, while the barman says to another customer:

"It's very sad - his wife understands him!"

...and I know exactly what he means!

triumphdave - 9/11/07 at 08:28 PM

Showed my missus this topic and she laughed

"I dont have to worry about you using my oven or dishwasher why I am out,you wouldnt know how to turn them on."
She has a point.
She is of shopping in the morning,can anybody give me some operating instructions for a Zanussi Aqua pulse dishwasher,got an alloy sump that needs a clean.

Jon Ison - 9/11/07 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
I cleaned my Alloy sump in the disher, came up lovely

Me toooooooooo

Got a bit smelly when it went onto warm up hot dry thingy bit of cycle, but I'm still here.

owelly - 10/11/07 at 05:05 PM

I stuffed my Alfa wiring loom in an old pillow case and stuffed it in the washing machine. It came out looking like new but the old pillowcase was a part of a very expensive set of designer linen, aparently.......and Miss Owellys concert blouses (she's a musician) all came out with loads of oily black swirls on them (I didn't put them in at the same time. That would be silly). As did all the laudry for several weeks before I noticed a new washing machine on the doorstep....
The dishwasher is my toy. I was responsible for buying it and I load/unload it so I happy smile as I chomp my food off plates that taste of diesel and drink from a mug that smells of petrol......."No love, I can't taste a funny taste. It must just be you........."