Board logo

AC-DC TIG Welder Advice
six mad - 21/3/14 at 09:02 AM

Gents,

I have been loaned a welder the same as this eBay Item

It comes with quite a few accessories filler wire tips shrouds, tungsten zircs etc.

Its a new machine and i have an option to purchase at £1050

I,m asking if anyone has any feedback on these and are there any better
options out there, this is as far as my budget can go, i want to pay less if
anything not more?

Thanks in advance.

franky - 21/3/14 at 09:32 AM

I'd ring r-tech, ask for a shop soiled machine

r1_pete - 21/3/14 at 09:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
I'd ring r-tech, ask for a shop soiled machine

Thats what I did, and got the machine for less than £800, fantastic after sales support, and discounts on accessories.

mark chandler - 21/3/14 at 12:59 PM

Same here, I liked the look of the thermal arc, they had some at the local BOC outlet, then got a R-Tech equivalent from the shop soiled selection.

I could not work out why it was shop soiled, as I already had a water torch they let me lose this and drop in a mask within the deal and added a few disposable consumables. Cannot fault the machine or service.

Regards Mark

Myke 2463 - 21/3/14 at 01:30 PM

R Tech again.

http://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding_equipment/Special_Offers/Tig_Welder_R-Tech_Tig201-SALE

lotus_esprit_s1 - 21/3/14 at 08:15 PM

My friend has got an R tech, its okay for hobby use, but it is well worth spending the extra on a quality machine. I bought an ESAB on the assumpton that it is built in Sweden/ Germany with quality components and would have a higher resale value should I decide to sell it. I've had it three years, it is absolutely bomb proof, and has been truly fantastic, and earnt very good money for me as well!

dexion7 - 21/3/14 at 11:33 PM

i have a cobel ebay machine which has all the functionality you could want and cost £500 2 years ago. first thing i did (as always!) was take the sides off to have a look inside and the the build quality is excellent. done loads of work with it and its never missed a beat. you could buy 3 of these with your budget. the ones available on ebay right now are very similar.

AC DC TIG WELDER ALI S/TEEL Tig 200 P WITH PULSE UK SELLER in stock now

six mad - 22/3/14 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dexion7
i have a cobel ebay machine which has all the functionality you could want and cost £500 2 years ago. first thing i did (as always!) was take the sides off to have a look inside and the the build quality is excellent. done loads of work with it and its never missed a beat. you could buy 3 of these with your budget. the ones available on ebay right now are very similar.

AC DC TIG WELDER ALI S/TEEL Tig 200 P WITH PULSE UK SELLER in stock now

That's interesting I have looked at these but I was worried if it would last.

How does yours tackle aluminium?

dexion7 - 23/3/14 at 01:27 PM

works great on ally and steel. has all the functions required for aluminium.

i have two pals who are welders by trade & both have used it and says its good. at the price they are great value. its reasonable to be concerned about how long it would last however because is a fault develops it may be difficult to get parts. at the price of them you can buy a few compared to a known brand.