Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dcoe linkages
Blairm

posted on 13/7/04 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
dcoe linkages

Hello,

I have dual DCOE 45's with spindle coupler in between. Rather than coughing up for genuine Weber double cable linkages (the exchange rate in NZ is very poor and the Carbs where expensive enough) I am looking for advice, examples on how to fashion something myself to do the job

Any help much appreciated

Cheers Blair

Bob da builder

posted on 13/7/04 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
hey up

i made up my own linkage something allong the following lines...

drilled a small hole in a m6 bolt (same size as a bike gear cable) made up a few spacer washers and bolted it to the weber linkage (throught the existing hone on the throttle linkage) im running a x-flow so made a 90deg plate to mount off the engine mount on the side of the block to run a cable through. from a bike i got a brake cable adjuster screw (basicly a hollow bolt that the cable runs through) so that i can fine tune the cable tension. For the cable i used a bike gear cable (thinner that brake cable and had a more suitable retainer on the end) ran it from the bulkhead to the 90deg bracket in outer sheath and then through to the bolt with the hole in it.

I had problems with the throttle butterflies not closeing fully because i dont have the genuine linkage. so fix a curved bar bridging across both carbs (fix it to the top cover screwes) with a VERY strong spring to make sure they close with a snap, this also make the paedle feel much more responsive..

hope this helps

bob

p.s. will try and get sum pics if i can borrow a digicam....

Blairm

posted on 13/7/04 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Bob,

Very helpful thank you. Some photos would be great if you manage to get a camera.

Cheers Blair

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.