Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BackFire_first engine start_Pinto_MJL_ZX6Rcarbs
black.viper

posted on 28/11/08 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Is the fuel going in the carbs at the top ?were the two pipes join if so i think that's the wrong place that's the breather pipes and should be open to air

Looking at your photos i think you have blocked the pipe at the bottom of the carbs were the fuel goes in
Jacko

[Edited on 28/11/08 by jacko]

Wowwwwww... you mean, that I connect pipe for breathing on fuel line ... and tube for connect fuel line I connect on vacuum sensor on engine...

...and engine was running! Im happy that Im still alive

The "F" tube on your photo is only for fresh air too carbs? And pipe which I connect on vacuum sensor is main input for fuel?

How is possible that engine was running?

Thanks gods that I survived!

Im building Tiger Cat E1 Duratec engine

Canada EH!

posted on 28/11/08 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
The steering wheel is on the proper side, he is driving an automobile not a BOAT!
mark chandler

posted on 28/11/08 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
That does indeed look very wrong, fuel goes in the bottom and the top pipes are vents so leave open.

Vacumn will be sourced from the car side of the butterflies.

Regards Mark

blakep82

posted on 28/11/08 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canada EH!
The steering wheel is on the proper side, he is driving an automobile not a BOAT!

have you experienced a british summer?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jacko

posted on 29/11/08 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
What modle carbs have you got ie
[ C /B / E mine are E's
Jacko

errrr... haven't a clue. these ones have tps, so good enough for me (i hope, this time lol)

Have you got a photo of your carbs ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 29/11/08 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by black.viper
quote:
Is the fuel going in the carbs at the top ?were the two pipes join if so i think that's the wrong place that's the breather pipes and should be open to air

Looking at your photos i think you have blocked the pipe at the bottom of the carbs were the fuel goes in
Jacko

[Edited on 28/11/08 by jacko]

Wowwwwww... you mean, that I connect pipe for breathing on fuel line ... and tube for connect fuel line I connect on vacuum sensor on engine...

...and engine was running! Im happy that Im still alive

The "F" tube on your photo is only for fresh air too carbs? And pipe which I connect on vacuum sensor is main input for fuel?

How is possible that engine was running?

Thanks gods that I survived!

Im glad i could help and put you on the right track if it was me i would get a bike fuel pump there the right one for the carbs and cheep on ebay
Graham [ Jacko ]

[Edited on 29/11/08 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 29/11/08 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
The pipe you have going to the vacuum sensor as you call it is the sump breather
and a pipe from the breather wants to go to a catch tank but remove the one way valve first
What made you think your pipe would want to go there?

black.viper

posted on 29/11/08 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you guys for ideas... next week I have lot of work :-)

IŽll start with new bracket for VR sensor, change fuel pipe for right place and small upper pipes I let it breathing fresh air (no fuel ) and if every thing will be OK and fuel will not splattering I hope that I will not have to change my new Facet fuel pump... but I will see..

Thank you for this forum and for nice people here!!!

Lot of wishes from Czech republic,

Petr

Im building Tiger Cat E1 Duratec engine

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.