Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wich engine to choose?
ChrisGamlin

posted on 16/6/04 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
I was talking to a friend at Le Mans who's brother is building a Pan Euro Locost, and I think his thinking is correct in that he sees the Pan Euro engine as a good alternative to a mildy tuned X Flow, rather than really comparing it to a screamer BEC like a blade etc.
ST evidently have a huge pile of Pan Euro engines so that may be why they are so keen to recommend them

locoboy

posted on 16/6/04 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I agree Chris, they are stock about 100bhp and dont rev too high, so i guess its a bit of middle ground for those that want the push pull 6 speed box and a bit of a different exhaust note but dont want to be deafened at 11500 rpm by a blade/ZX9 going full chatt.

Quite a torquey motor though i beleive, so thereofe its a good middle of the road choice.

ATB
Locoboy

Hellfire

posted on 16/6/04 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
But does anyone want a 'middle of the road' se7en? Shirley Not!

malcolmstoddart

posted on 17/6/04 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
well what about the ZZR 1100 engine? how do you rate that then..? or the FZR 1000 exup, I know they are getting on a bit, but in their day - was a force to be reckoned with...or what about the triumph engines...

Mal

Brooky

posted on 17/6/04 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I went out in a ST pan euro last week.
It had a chipped ecu and was pushing out 130 bhp, the torque was good compared to my blade but I think it was 5 speed, still sequential though ( obviously ).
It revved to abut 7k if memory serves and with only the ecu chipped has got to be cheaper than tuning a car engine.

OX

posted on 17/6/04 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
the triumph engine would be brilliant but make sure its the 955i and the new engine.with a race exhaust and the 3 cylinders these engines stand out by miles and no bike engine in my opinion sounds as good but the down sides are you need the little triumph hand held computer to adjust anything and to down load new tune codes in to them.i was thinking about using one but i went for the hayabusa in the end .or you could use the early triumph carb engines ,the trophy 1200 is a very strong engine with plenty of power and grunt,the down side to these is if youv got a tired battery you could soon ruin the starter idel gear and on some of the engines its a engine strip

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.