<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 roundabout drift
beaver34

posted on 11/12/10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
some people need to lighten up
pekwah1

posted on 11/12/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
i think everyone on this thread appreciates that if there are children in the car then any kind of non sensible driving is just plain idiocy. on the other hand, having a bit of a play on the road is most of the time harmless. However, this country has gone PC and health and saftety crazy and as stated, people should lighten up a bit. There are much much worse drivers out there than someone who has a little drift here and there, the majority of people brave enough to do it on the road will probably know what they're doing, and the fact we hardly see them means that like i have in the past, they wait until noone is around.

again, much more dangerous drivers out there like people who don't give way, don't check mirrors, tailgate, don't indicate, don't have any awareness, drive down the middle of the road on country lanes etc... MUCH more of them about imo....

StrikerChris

posted on 11/12/10 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Before my 200sx turned into a striker I admit I put it sideways on the roundabout from work every single day there was no other traffic approaching,and got bloody good at it.then I got tempted once on a different quiet round about and realised I wasn't so good,and burst a tyre on the curb!lesson learnt,make sure Noone is anywhere near,could easily have fishtailed into another car or up onto the pavement and wiped out a kid
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
What r/about
Was it black?

[Edited on 11/12/10 by loggyboy]

MikeR

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting how people have concerns that its not 'right' to do this sort of thing with a child in the car ........ how do you know what is in the other car? Could be 3 or 4 children.

Surely the (without going completely OTT on health and safety) 'safe' answer is to only do stuff on empty roads when the only person put at risk is yourself?

Obviously done on roads where you can see all the way around so that there is no chance of a kid having fallen off his bike and sat in the road crying ......

Strontium Dog

posted on 11/12/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think anyone should have a sports car or ever have any fun in one! I know that some people would say there is a time and a place for everything but the safest option is to never ever start the engine and then there can be no confusion as to wether it is OK to enjoy yourself!
dhutch

posted on 11/12/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
He was probably breaking the speed limit soon after as well........ there is a wierd 'holier than thou' attitude on here sometimes....... it's ok, in fact encouraged, to have over 200bhp and if it's got 300+bhp and has 500kg hanging over the front end with some cheapo dampers even better etc etc but it's not aceptable to speed so why bother, people trawl ebay to find potentialy illegal cars even though it's nothing to do with them, Ken Block is a god....... but where do you think he started doing that stuff....... Don't get me wrong I don't want some muppet in a Corsa 'drifting' into me because he's not as good as he thinks he is but I've seen enough 'oops I crashed it threads' to know that not nearly as many people on here are as good at driving as they think they are either.....

Coat on etc etc

THIS

Toniq-r

posted on 11/12/10 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmm I think this is given the site a bad name ,all this talk of the drifiting and having fun .Next sombody will be calling you a Power Ranger driver, as we up here in Scotland like having fun in our cars.
MikeR

posted on 11/12/10 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm ..... where is that aussie driving campagne video? Perhaps that should be watched before we comment.

(quite enjoying playing devils advocate today)

ashg

posted on 11/12/10 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
i have got an 1800 mx5 at the moment to strip down for the exocet im going to build. have taken it out a few times now i swear that a 5 year old could drift it round a roundabout they are that easy to drive. its a very hard car to lose control of which is why you rarely see any in the breakers

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

indykid

posted on 11/12/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
i have got an 1800 mx5 at the moment to strip down for the exocet im going to build. have taken it out a few times now i swear that a 5 year old could drift it round a roundabout they are that easy to drive. its a very hard car to lose control of which is why you rarely see any in the breakers

this.

it'd be nice to have a torsen in mine but even with an open diff, it's still very easy to slide about

on the occasions my car may have been seen doing this, obviously i wasn't driving because it's completely irresponsible, but i'm sure there would have been no pedestrians or other cars about and would have been in clear view of any that may have been approaching. any passenger would have been fully consenting

streeto round the town centre is not cool, but sliding an mx5 round a quiet roundabout has nowhere near the potential for damage as driving tired, angry or hungover, or any other of a myriad of seemingly accepted driving scenarios

if anyone who's ever driven a car claims they've never exceeded the speed limit, i'll call them a liar to their face

loggyboy

posted on 11/12/10 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote

Ninehigh

posted on 11/12/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Come on, all in moderation and when no-one else is about!

I had some rear-out action once in my 106, now that was interesting (especially as I didn't do it on purpose!)

If you have no interest in having fun in a car, get a Metro or get the bus

loggyboy

posted on 13/12/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
What r/about
Was it black?

Nick?

loggyboy

posted on 4/1/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
It wouldnt have been this MX5 by any chance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=xV9LPzE-39Y#t=124s

[Edited on 4/1/11 by loggyboy]

nick205

posted on 4/1/11 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Loggy - it might have been, it was heading north onto the M3 - not you is it...?

BTW, do you still want that T9 box? I've been rather slack and put off by the cold weather from crawling over a rusty Sierra in a dark damp barn, but it's still there if you want it.

loggyboy

posted on 5/1/11 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Might have been my bro, what junction was it? He is based in basingstoke but does go down winchester way for work. He also rarely drives with the tail inline.
The pic/gif is him driving, the video at that time is me when I used his car for a Solo.

No rush on the Box, still waiting for Raw to sort themselves out.

nick205

posted on 5/1/11 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Jn 12 heading north onto the m/way.

I'll have the box out when it warms up a bit and drop you a U2U.

Cheers
Nick

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.