Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: number plates
quattromike

posted on 30/1/06 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
always thought after hearing my friends story, if i'm ever going to my car when i've had a couple of drinks i'll get in the passenger seat ........... love to see how they'll claim i'd drive it from there.

(of course, if i'm pished whats the chance of me remembering to get in the passenger seat?)

AH! I know of a guy that was in the pub had a few drinks nothing serious didn't even have a car wit him his wife droped him off. a few hours later she came back and picked him up to go home. but, she wanted somethings from the local shop so she pulled up out side, stoped the car, switched off the engine, got out and went into the shop. The plod came along seen him sitting in the pasengers seat came over to speak to him, smelt the pub smell on him spotted the keys still in the ignition and started to breathalize him against his will, during which his wife had bought what ever it was she was wanting in the shop and came out and sat in the car wandering what the hell was going on, and low and behold the test was a positive and banned for being drunk in charge of a vehicle.
Now I would say that was a serious miss justice. the ignition wasn't even on an he was sitting there quiet. He was a local fishing takle shop owner and it seriously comprimised his buisness because of it. It's cases like this that makes you think:madamn cops

Mike

DaveFJ

posted on 30/1/06 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
why? not all plates have the same number of characters? some plates have as few as 3 characters!

[Edited on 30/1/06 by DaveFJ]

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

David Jenkins

posted on 30/1/06 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
This might help...

LINKY

They seem to be a 'respectable' plate maker...

David

MikeP

posted on 30/1/06 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
"Honest officer, no one was driving - we were all in the back singing!".

Surpising views (to me) about the problems with being in control of a vehicle when intoxicated issue. I've no sympathy, my reaction is "tough, the law is pretty clear, and it's there for a very good reason". I keep picturing the alternative - the police having to wait till the idiots are driving and perhaps killing someone first, before being able to do anything about it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.